Gibson Brands Forums

IT'S A NEW FORUM, SO POST YOUR SG PICS

lous1952

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I borrowed a camera and took some crappy pictures of my SG with the most distinct members of the family. Please understand that this pictures cant hold a candle compared to the beauty of those guitars.

Here's a pic of the neck tenon, so everyone can see what Gibson has been doing to improve it

P1010084.jpg

P1010057.jpg

P1010072.jpg

P1010066.jpg

Sorry about the Strat with no strings, I was cleaning her up =)

Ok' date=' I borrowed a camera and took some crappy pictures of my SG with the most distinct members of the family. Please understand that this pictures cant hold a candle compared to the beauty of those guitars.

Here's a pic of the neck tenon, so everyone can see what Gibson has been doing to improve it

[img']http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/ii447/felype_maciel/P1010084.jpg[/img]

when did they start doing neck heels like that??? that looks hella stronger

when did they start doing neck heels like that??? that looks hella stronger

I don't really know when. I don't really know if its A HELL much stronger - as Gibson claims. But I hope so.

I think they should really do that reinforcement, because even if it can't SOLVE the whole neck joint issue, it can't hurt either, right?

That should be the standard, in my opinion.

Hey, new guy here! Here is a picture of my Gibson SG. I was told it is a 1971, but I am not 100% sure of the model...is it called a "professional"? I can't remember...if anyone knows, please let me know. I have owned this guitar since 1983, and it was my first electric . It has a pretty narrow neck and I am pretty sure the tuners have been changed. I don't believe that the pickguard is the correct one for this guitar.

sg2009.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived