Gibson Brands Forums

IT'S A NEW FORUM, SO POST YOUR SG PICS

lous1952

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Digging up this thread again 'cuz I realized I never posted pics of my Gibby..

So here she is, my 2008 SG Special in Worn Cherry, rocking the stock neck 490R and a growlin' GFS Mean 90 P-90 in the bridge. Never named her either, maybe I'll call her Scarlet.

While I was setting her up today:

Image019-2.jpg

Of course, I managed to drop the stop bar when I was putting it back on [-o<

Image013.jpg

Image018.jpg

Image020.jpg

And lastly, among friends:

Image022.jpg

Nice axe, hellion102792. Sorry about the small dent but hey, it gives her character. I can relate. I live in a pretty small apartment and have managed to ding my Martin twice! Once off the corner of the coffee table and once off the desk. Dinged my '07 standard too, not sure how. Probably the desk as well as I sit there and jam most of the time plugged into my iMac w/ GarageBand. I suppose it's all part of the cosmic balance of the universe.

My new Nov. '08 build '61 RI. Nice wood, the finish is so new it still smells. A very nice player now, but needed an inordinate amount of setup work that should have been done right first time at the factory.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/sok66/08%2061%20SG%20Reissue/61SGReissueWebsize.jpg

I'm going to leave it out in the sun & fade the finish....just kidding.

My new Nov. '08 build '61 RI. Nice wood' date=' the finish is so new it still smells. A very nice player now, but needed an inordinate amount of setup work that should have been done right first time at the factory.

[img']http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/sok66/08%2061%20SG%20Reissue/61SGReissueWebsize.jpg[/img]

I'm going to leave it out in the sun & fade the finish....just kidding.

Beautiful!!

Nice axe' date=' hellion102792. Sorry about the small dent but hey, it gives her character. I can relate. I live in a pretty small apartment and have managed to ding my Martin twice! Once off the corner of the coffee table and once off the desk. Dinged my '07 standard too, not sure how. Probably the desk as well as I sit there and jam most of the time plugged into my iMac w/ GarageBand. I suppose it's all part of the cosmic balance of the universe.[/quote']

Thanks man. And yeah, it's not the first dent (well, it's the first one on the front) so it didn't hurt too bad lol. 30 years from now I want it to look like it was used, not stored in a display case, so nicks don't bother me too much.

The knobs were changed before I got it but I believe it came with black speed knobs. Everything is original except for the knobs, frets, and nut. They electronics hadn't even been touched. One thing everyone comments on when they pick it up is how narrow the neck is at the nut. It feels like a banjo if you come from playing on a wide tele neck or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Walnut 70, 71, or 72 ? Standard or Custom ? S/N is 740236:

I bought it used in '79, the pups are Dimarzio's (X2N in bridge, not sure of model in neck). Very clean and neck joint is tight.

studio2zv9.th.jpg

Archived