Dear Abby

Gilliangirl

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pay attention boys! We're gettin' a rare look into the female psyche. :-s

Just don't stare at it... you'll go blind. [-X

I'm sure glad we decided to the the wimmens onto our board. +:-@

BTW currently listening to "Banjer in the Holler" by the Dillards. And that ain't 'spooky'' date=' it's just plain makin' good music choices.[/quote']

Not the female psyche, I got the idea from a guy. Just happened that it actually worked for me. Maybe it has something to do with people wanting what they think they can't have. Or think they want what they can't have. At any rate ...

So we agree reverse psychology works on men? Ooooooh Nelly! Opening a can of worms with that line LOL :D/

Hahaha! Yep! Not that that's a bad thing. I think it works for men and wimmen, alike. Kinda like, if we could all have a Gibson, do you think we'd all want one? Nope. If everyone could have one they would lose their psycological value and we'd have to find some other exclusive name brand guitar to play.

I probably should have mentioned that I divorced the guy. Once he realized I wasn't placed on this earth to fulfill his every desire, that I didn't wake up looking like I did when I went to sleep, that I didn't dress like I was going to a dance club while grocery shopping and that every man I encountered wasn't dying of love for me, I lost my psycological value. w00t!

Hahaha! Yep! Not that that's a bad thing. I think it works for men and wimmen' date=' alike. Kinda like, if we could all have a Gibson, do you think we'd all want one? Nope. If everyone could have one they would lose their psycological value and we'd have to find some other exclusive name brand guitar to play.

I probably should have mentioned that I divorced the guy. Once he realized I wasn't placed on this earth to fulfill his every desire, that I didn't wake up looking like I did when I went to sleep, that I didn't dress like I was going to a dance club while grocery shopping and that every man I encountered wasn't dying of love for me, I lost my psycological value. w00t![/quote']

Yikes! You don't want THAT guy! Whew! I think you dodged a bullet there!

Btw, how's Jojo doing? Any new pics?

Karen..I can take a hint. I can read between the lines.

Ill take you to dinner when I come out west this summer.

geez' date=' all you had to do was ask! :-k/ [/quote']

?! Are you really coming out west this summer? You should definitely come visit. Calgary is fun. Lots of guitar jams etc! Just spent the day at Kits on 16th avenue where they host a blues jam. Fun! My best friend Roxanne flew out for my birthday and we're be-bopping around today. Nice Gibson Elvis Costello guitar in Long & McQuade this aft. Anyway, I digress (white wine has that affect). Let me know if you're headed this way this summer..... :D/

Viva la lime jello!

My best friend Roxanne flew out for my birthday and we're be-bopping around today. Nice Gibson Elvis Costello guitar in Long & McQuade this aft. Anyway' date=' I digress (white wine has that affect). Let me know if you're headed this way this summer..... =D>/

Viva la lime jello![/quote']

That explains the shortage of wine at the liquor stores in Calgary this weekend. O:)/

Ha' date='ha, it's actually more like an aged Smithfield Virgina smoked ham, with buttermilk biscuits,

and a quart of homemade apple butter. It's got complicated fixin's but when done right, it's oh so good!

[/quote']

I think it's made with Wheat Grass Juice. Somethin' Trace Adkins is still lookin' for in New Yawk City. Anybody else see Trumps "The Apprentice" this season with famous people.

Adkins had to make sure the featured artists at a fund raiser were well cared for. The group "The Backstreet Boys". he referred to them as BSB, not to affectionately.

One asked for "Wheat Grass Juice" I don't think Adkins ever found it. Imagine this farm boy man's man havin' to go to the cosmetics store to pick up a botte of black nail polish for one of the BKBs who forgot his... Trace was beside himself.

But the coup de gras was when one of the BSB thought he'd turned his knee and needed a knee brace. [-(

Trace said, "After takin' care of these 'boys', I have a new appreciation for.. ME. I've played with a broken leg, sore back, sick and once had a belly so full of hurt I couldn't hardly move. I went out on stage did the complete set. I then walked off stage, and went right to the hospital. They cut 18" if colon out of my gut THAT NIGHT! Wheat Grass Juice.?.?" :-s

Ha' date='ha, it's actually more like an aged Smithfield Virgina smoked ham, with buttermilk biscuits,

and a quart of homemade apple butter. It's got complicated fixin's but when done right, it's oh so good!

[/quote']

I think it's made with Wheat Grass Juice. Somethin' Trace Adkins is still lookin' for in New Yawk City. Anybody else see Trumps "The Apprentice" this season with famous people.

Adkins had to make sure the featured artists at a fund raiser were well cared for. The group "The Backstreet Boys". he referred to them as BSB, not to affectionately.

One asked for "Wheat Grass Juice" I don't think Adkins ever found it. Imagine this farm boy man's man havin' to go to the cosmetics store to pick up a botte of black nail polish for one of the BKBs who forgot his... Trace was beside himself.

But the coup de gras was when one of the BSB thought he'd turned his knee and needed a knee brace. [-(

Trace said, "After takin' care of these 'boys', I have a new appreciation for.. ME. I've played with a broken leg, sore back, sick and once had a belly so full of hurt I couldn't hardly move. I went out on stage did the complete set. I then walked off stage, and went right to the hospital. They cut 18" if colon out of my gut THAT NIGHT! Wheat Grass Juice.?.?" :-s

But the coup de gras was when one of the BSB thought he'd turned his knee and needed a knee brace. ^_^

Trace said' date=' "After takin' care of these 'boys', I have a new appreciation for.. ME. I've played with a broken leg, sore back, sick and once had a belly so full of hurt I couldn't hardly move. I went out on stage did the complete set. I then walked off stage, and went right to the hospital. They cut 18" if colon out of my gut THAT NIGHT! Wheat Grass Juice.?.?" ^_^ [/quote']

"Don't even get me started on the BSB!!" HAHAHA!! I laughed and laughed when he said that! I had to rewind it three times it was so funny. And I saved it until my husband got home so I could share it with him. He doesn't like The Apprentice or country music but he cracked up at that! Trace was a character that whole show. Peirs was right, though ...if you're having a "Nicest Guy in the Country" contest, give the award to Trace. Peirs, as much as I could see why people disliked him, deserved the title. I don't think he's all that bad, just misunderstood. But Trace was HILARIOUS!!

...I wasn't placed on this earth to fulfill his every desire' date='

that I didn't wake up looking like I did when I went to sleep,

that I didn't dress like I was going to a dance club while grocery shopping and

that every man I encountered wasn't dying of love for me...[/quote']

Ya aint? =D> Shux O:)

Ya aint? #-o Shux 8-[

You men are all alike! #-o (just kidding ;-) )

Well, I missed the previous week because of a concert, and last week I had the flu, so hopefully he shows up tomorrow and I don't chicken out! Stay tuned! LOL

Yes' date=' most men are all alike. We're just not like that. [/quote']

You DO know I was just joking, right?

I doubt very much I'll be going tonight as there's a serious snow blizzard going on atm and the roads are horrendous, accidents everywhere. (I HATE living here) Anyway, this friendship was just not meant to be, I guess.

You DO know I was just joking' date=' right?

I doubt very much I'll be going tonight as there's a serious snow blizzard going on atm and the roads are horrendous, accidents everywhere. (I HATE living here) Anyway, this friendship was just not meant to be, I guess.[/quote']

Well, you could move to Arkansas.. nope tornados...

or Georgia... nope, no water

or Calyfornia.. nope, earthquakes

or Quebec... nope (unless you speak French)

or Maine.... nope, they live in old school busses there (sorry ksdaddy)

or Illinois.. Yep.. just the perfect spot... Nope.. The state's broke.

Better the devil you know Karen than the one you don't. 'Ceptin' that feller at the gig.

You found him when you wasn't lookin once, you're bound to find him agin... maybe he's

'lurkin' at the Gibson forums right now! Better wear that purty hat in you Avatar so he

know what you look like,.

caption0414.jpg

Squirrelly For You

Oh Gilliangirl, oh Gilliangirl, you are our heart, yes you are our pearl,

Oh Gilliangirl, oh Gilliangirl, you got a Gibson, and we got a squirrel,

Oh Gilliangirl, we'll always be true, and Gilliangirl, we'll give the world to you,

Oh Gilliangirl, oh Gilliangirl, if you'll pluck our banjo we'll give you a whirl,

Oh Gilliangirl, oh Gilliangirl, yes we'll brush our tooth if you will be our girl

Wrote by Zeke & Clem Copywroted 2008 all rits reserved. (don't steal it)

p.s. Zeke is the one with the short leg and the bad knee.

caption0414.jpg

Squirrelly For You

Oh Gilliangirl' date=' oh Gilliangirl,[/i'] you are our heart, yes you are our pearl,

Oh Gilliangirl, oh Gilliangirl, you got a Gibson, and we got a squirrel,

Oh Gilliangirl, we'll always be true, and Gilliangirl, we'll give the world to you,

Oh Gilliangirl, oh Gilliangirl, if you'll pluck our banjo we'll give you a whirl,

Oh Gilliangirl, oh Gilliangirl, yes we'll brush our tooth if you will be our girl

Wrote by Zeke & Clem Copywroted 2008 all rits reserved. (don't steal it)

p.s. Zeke is the one with the short leg and the bad knee.

Hey, that guy's in my bluegrass circle! You don't want to sit beside him tho' cause that banjo is really loud, throws me off all the time ;-)

Thank you for that great tune, LiveSoundGuy! That is a real knee-slapper for sure! Love that last line.... looks like Zeke actually has 2 teeth, which probably makes up for the fact that Clem appears to have none. :)

Archived