Gibson Brands Forums

Any of you guys play music at church?

Basshole

Stuck in Lodi again. CCR

Nope' date=' no church, unless they pay standard gig price, and supply the beer and women.[/quote']

Uhh I guess we could take a special offering.

We have wine, is that ok?

Church girls are the hottest!

Uhh I guess we could take a special offering.

We have wine' date=' is that ok?

Church girls are the hottest![/quote']

Yep, gotta give ya that one. Church babes are delish.

Just be careful around them. That way lies ruination of the spirit.

Yes every Sunday morning playing lead unless the drummer isn't there then I'll drum, unless the bass player isn't there then I'll move over to bass. I've also played for large county wide gospel shows backing singers, choirs etc. It has given me the chance to play and improvise with some of the best musicians around.

I play to the stream and the sun and the moon and the stars.

I play to the trees and the fox and the birds and the deer.

I play to the rocks and the circles of mushrooms who gather to hear.

Church enough for me.

Did when I was younger.

Same here, Steven! I have played both piano and organ in......no less than 4 or 5 different churches. I even filled in for a church pianist after acknowledging that I didn't share the belief. Plus I've done beaucoup funerals and weddings. I just love to play and the music is quite beautiful, for the most part. (There are a few that I just never did like).

Our son just learned "Amazing Grace" on the violin and now he plays it every time he picks up his instrument.

I play once a year in a big concert that raises money for the lights. I also play in lots of churches doing Classical Guitar recitals. The acoustics are usually fantastic! Also they are the perfect venue with a good stage and seating etc.

I was asked to join the local church band once but aside from the fact I only enjoy Classical Religious music (I am not keen on Christian pop/rock etc..lets just leave it at that) I also told the vicar while I believe in a God/supreme being I do not believe Jesus of the Bible exsited etc.

He was and is fine about it and has become quite a friend too!

Matt

The acoustics are usually fantastic! Also they are the perfect venue with a good stage and seating etc.

Matt

Oh my gosh, yes!! There was nothing that was as much fun as going over to the church in the evening when I was the only one in the building and turning the organ up as loud as it would go then breaking into Handel's "And the Glory of the Lord" from The Messiah.

I am actually the church organist and I've been updating a lot of the church music (Finale is a great piece of software). Of course it's not like playing jazz piano, which I did for many years in my youth, but it forces me to at least play my piano these days.

Yes and no...

Both my aunt & uncle are Ministers. They have allowed me to use the church (when empty) to play.

The acoustics are sweeeeeet!

My cousin will play the set of drums thats there and we have a great time. I use my wireless and can get up in the balcony and hear what it sounds like up there. Its a good time I must say.

Feel a little naughty playing heavy tunes in a house of worship! lol...but hey, if God had meant us to play acoustic guitar, then he wouldnt have invented amplifiers.

Yes and no...

but hey' date=' if God had meant us to play acoustic guitar, then he wouldnt have invented amplifiers.[/quote']

I always enjoyed this saying when I would see it on knick-knacks:

It's said that Bach gave us God's song, Beethoven gave us God's fire, Mozart gave us God's laughter. God gave us music so we could pray without words.

IMO, you don't have to be a member of any particular group to understand that music is a way of expressing our souls, however we define that.

I got that saying from Martin Mull while he was on some chat show years ago.

I always liked it!

=P~ I think the statement about Mozart is particularly appropriate. I can't play Mozart without a smile on my face!

Yep' date=' gotta give ya that one. Church babes are delish.

Just be careful around them. That way lies ruination of the spirit.[/quote']

I know what you mean, I have never dated a church girl. All these bad girls from school (partiers and drinking) seem to lay eye on me.

I play at a couple churches here in Lodi' date=' CA

How about you guys?

[/quote']

I've been playing lead in my church band since September 06. We have 2 services on Sundays. We have a good band and are pretty tight. I love it.

I've been playing lead in my church band since September 06. We have 2 services on Sundays and we do the same songs for each service. We have a good band and are pretty tight. I love it.

The church that me and Jessenoah play at has two services on saturday and sunday. By the end of the weekend me and jessenoah are somewhat not wanting to play music. It's alot. We also have alot of people who play at this church

We have about

6 guitaist (who can play lead, rythmn, or aqoustic)

3 strickly bass players

2 solid drummers

3 piano players

A Violinist

A Horn Players

2 Lead singers and alot of harmoney singers

We all rotate, its a good system.

The church that me and Jessenoah play at has two services on saturday and sunday. By the end of the weekend me and jessenoah are somewhat not wanting to play music. It's alot. We also have alot of people who play at this church

We have about

6 guitaist (who can play lead' date=' rythmn, or aqoustic)

3 strickly bass players

2 solid drummers

3 piano players

A Violinist

A Horn Players

2 Lead singers and alot of harmoney singers

We all rotate, its a good system.[/quote']

Wow, thats fantastic. We rotate bassists and lead singers but me and the drummer are always there. I'll bet you guys sound fantastic with all those extra musicians. We have anywhere from 80-150 at our services. You?

Church girls are the hottest!

I married one!

Yeah, I played for awhile but I don't like the contemporary Christian stuff.

Pop music, too fluffy.

I like traditional stuff at church and rock on my guitar.

Archived