Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Robertmegar

Custom order Gibson

Hello everyone! I have been looking around and though this has been touched in the past there has been no real recent update..... Can I order a one-off from the CS???

In truth, I want I guitar that's similar to a few Gibsons out there but not quite exact. Basically I want a 339, double florentine cutaway, toggle switch in upper cutaway, block/trap inlays. Thin neck.... thats it.

You can make Custom orders but it takes a long time for Gibson to complete the order and the price may be astronomical.

Go to your local Gibson dealer and ask them for info on ordering the guitar.

Hello everyone! I have been looking around and though this has been touched in the past there has been no real recent update..... Can I order a one-off from the CS???

In truth' date=' I want I guitar that's similar to a few Gibsons out there but not quite exact. Basically I want a 339, double florentine cutaway, toggle switch in upper cutaway, block/trap inlays. Thin neck.... thats it.[/quote']

Have a loook at the Jonny A model, Sounds just like what you are looking for....

The Johnny A model is a completely hollow guitar without any center block inside, and it's made of a solid top and back like a 336, as opposed to a 339 which is a baby sized 335 with laminated ribs and top and back and a solid center block inside. Also the JohnnyA is a different scale length. On the other hand, you might like the sound and feel of it and it's a beautiful guitar with the pointy cutaways and any number of finishes (I saw him play one with a translucent black quilt top and a gold back) with or without a Bigsby.

You should be able to get a custom shop quote from a dealer, I just inquired about an R7 with an R9 neck and the shop owner gave me a price quote the same day. No idea how long it would take to get the order, though. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Hi all - anyone have production stats (how many / how rare, etc.) on the "aged Pelham Blue" Les Paul Custom ? I got to play one when I was at a Les Paul show in Milwaukee last month. Did not have the dough to buy her, but I'm obsessed!! Thanks!

LPCustomPelhamBlueAgedClip1.jpg

IMG00065-20090419-1521_sz1.jpg

and what about an Explorer without pickguard, like the 84 reissue?? how much does it would cost?

It is my understanding that they only do custom orders on successful production models... i.e. Les Pauls, SGs etc.

No one-off modernes, futuras or anything without existing tooling/templates.

It is my understanding that they only do custom orders on successful production models... i.e. Les Pauls' date=' SGs etc.

No one-off modernes, futuras or anything without existing tooling/templates.[/quote']

i'm asking for a simply gibson '84 Explorer...i know that there is the guitar of the week Explorer '84 reissue, but i can0t find anyone...