Gibson Brands Forums

GC is good for somethings

Silverbursted

Hi Flat6,

Island Guitar is only authorized Gibson dealer on the island and therfore their high prices. Typically, the difference in in their price vs mainland can be as much as $600-1000. I visit them from time to time; in fact I was just there this past Friday for some Gibson Vintage strings and a stop bar for my Epi. Nice guys. I just hate to mislead them by playing their guitars knowing that it would be highly unlikely that I would buy one from them. It was there that I first saw and held an R7, R8, & R9. It's just those prices!!!

I have been surprised by the price of Strings lately. However it's ain't 1993 no more, so not too surprised... And strings do last longer. I like those Ernie Ball Slinkys and Elixirs. But my fave new strings are Cleartones by Everly Strings. Copper Cleartones by Everly I'll check out next on my Ovation GCA. It's important to thank GC for all their great service and care, sometimes great, sometimes just ok. But at least they are still around. Sam Ash in Hollywood, Calif., is great. So is Sam Ash in Canoga Park. Good folks there.:-k

Archived