Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage ES-335s

Tom Hollyer

• 5 months later...

post-66595-064848200 1406152526_thumb.jpgI really should use my real camera, instead of my iPhone! But here's a shot of my two vintage Gibsons. The 335 is a '64 and the 225 is a '68, I believe.

Nice! The guitar on the right is not an ES225, however. It's an ES125TCD. 225's were only made from 1955 to 1959.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello from Spain.

This is my 1978 Gibson 335.

It has the three pieces maple neck and the coil split toggle in the lower horn.

The neck has a slim taper shape and it sounds very good. Colour is a very dark walnut.

I hope you like.

DSCN0846_zps6e34ccc1.jpg

DSCN0840_zps9e86449b.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

335s have been my particular passion since I got my first one used in 1966. It was a 64 I bought from a lady in my neighborhood. Been playing them, among other things, ever since. I have built a web site devoted to these great old axes, The Golden Era of Gibson Thinlines, and would love to add more guitars to it. So, if you guys have any, please feel free to contact me and send some pics.

To get things going, I will share a photo of a very rare 1959 blonde with flames and a 2-piece top. I have never seen one quite like this.

face.jpg

Beautiful guitar! I have a 1960 ES 355 that I purchased new. I love these style Gibsons.

It looks like a very fine, professional grade instrument BRC. From the looks of that gold plating it could use some playing time!

Enjoy it in good health!

Thank you, I have enjoyed the guitar for a long time, <1960> and one of the reasons it was rated so high is due to the gold hardware shows virtually no signs of wear.

I used the guitar through out the 60s and early 70s while I toured with my group, so I played it almost 6 to 7 nights a week for many years. From around the late 70s until now, I have not played it much. There is really only one VERY smalll blemish on the guitar, and it is on the neck near the 3rd fret,6th string, but it is so minimal, if I did not point it out, it would be difficult to see.

I have taken great care of it, and I am very proud that it is in still great condition.

Archived