Gibson Brands Forums

New CSN&Y CD coming out soon

Gilliangirl

I just finished listening to the whole thing. There's a song or two with some piano, and one song is not strictly acoustic, but for the most part they're scaled down versions and really good. It starts out a bit moody, has quite a bit of variety, and finishes on a very uplifting note with a great version of Love The One You're With. I'll be in the line-up when the store opens the day it's released. It's been a long time comin'!

Thanks for the tip' date=' Karen. Very good. Amazing to think this is forty years old, the stuff I was into in high school. Makes me feel kinda old.[/quote']

I know what you mean about the feeling old thing. I remember in junior high we had the coolest art teacher. His name was Ken Ryan. (Mr. Ryan, where are you? Thanks for being so cool). For one of our art projects, he wanted us to take our favourite album and make an alternative cover for it. I chose Deja Vu because it was my fav at the time. I literally wore out my copy of that album..... TWICE! Anyway, I took all the songs on the album and drew pictures of them on my album cover. I still have it somewhere kicking around in the basement!

But, good music is timeless. I remember my parents getting all excited when a new album of Glen Miller's would come out. And the funny thing is, I liked Glenn Miller too!!

Good Golly. That sounds great.

I remember waiting at the music store when CSN was released (was it 1968/69?) -- I was a big Byrds and Buffalo Springfield fan.

I read about this Demo CD a week or so ago, but thought I would not be interested in a rehash.

But, this stripped down, raw stuff sounds great -- I'll have to buy. Listening to "Music is Love" right now.

Thanks for the link.

CSNY is my all time favorite band! This is great Karen! I just love when the great artists come out with new music. Instead of the normal bullshit the recording industry shoves out to the public. Great link, can't wait to purchase it!

So much was going on then. CSN&Y's music always brings back feelings and memories. They really embodied the feeling of the "hippie age". I remember the first time putting that record on and being blown away. We felt like they were us put to music. I will buy this.

You can still listen to it. Find any other preview at npr.org like this one:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=104578357

Scroll down and click one of the Listen buttons. When the player comes up the csny items will still be on your playlist and they work (at least for now)!

Whew!! That's good thinking Jerry! I couldn't figure out how to get my Playlist to come up, as there's no 'My Playlist' button.

I'm definitely picking up the album, but I'm home sick with the flu and can't get it til I can actually stand up. They probably took it down because it's now available for purchase.

Thanks for the heads-up!!

I'm a huge CSN fan...off to see them at Edinburgh Castle next month...VERY excited!

This album sounds like a CSNY equivalent to Stills' 'Just Roll Tape' album from a couple of years back. Great stuff :-)

Archived