Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Day!!! (Finally)

GuitarJunkie

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Les Paul, or the SG section since it technically is a '61 Les Paul...

After checking the UPS site a dozen or more times a day since last tuesday, it's finally here!!!

I'll save all the yapping for later and just post the pics for now.

2007 Custom Shop '61 Les Paul Custom "Reissue" with a Maestro vibrato in Silver Sparkle

sgc01.jpg

sgc02.jpg

sgc03.jpg

sgc04.jpg

sgc05.jpg

sgc07.jpg

Dude, you win. That thing is freaking amazing. I love the binding on the headstock. I wish Gibson would put that on more guitars. I think it looks so cool....and the paint!!! -So awesome. I really dig it.

Why the %$%&^ can't I see the pics? All I get are little red X icons instead of the photos...

Anyway congrats' date=' by the comments, I suppose that you found a great axe.[/quote']

Try right clicking on the X, and selecting "open image in new window". If that doesn't work, try this...

http://s374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/gear4sale_photos/sg/

btw can we get a photo from the back of this amazing guitar?

Since you asked...

sgc08.jpg

sgc09.jpg

Since you asked...

sgc08.jpg

sgc09.jpg

Thanks GJ, I tried the photobucket link but I got a block from our company intranet. It's a bulk storage site block so I suspect that the forum photos get blocked somehow in the same way.

I'll be sure to check the pics from home. Anyway, congrats again !

Since you asked...

sgc08.jpg

sgc09.jpg

thank you very much!!! she's GORGEOUS!!!!

I was wondering how easy is it to slide on the neck? because no matter how fantastic this silver finish looks, it seems to be "rough", or am I wrong?

i bet that this shreds. that neck looks amazing. at first i HATED that paint sparkly thing, and in reality i'd love it in black or white, probably white, but i can see how some one could want that. it's pretty sweet really. congrats man.

I was wondering how easy is it to slide on the neck? because no matter how fantastic this silver finish looks' date=' it seems to be "rough", or am I wrong?[/quote']

It's actually pretty much as smooth as any other Gibson finish. I don't know if you can tell in the photo, but if you look closely, you can kind of see a shadow under the sticker. Basically, the finish is a metallic silver base coat, then the glitter, then some clear, the sticker, and then some more clear. There's enough between the sparkles and the top of the finish, that it doesn't really feel any different.

gib.jpg

Archived