Gibson Brands Forums

Bass Lines

Twiz

All McCartneys work from Revolver on through Abbey Road was incredible. Paperback Writer/ Rain/Little help From My Friends/ Penny Lane/ Something/ great melodic bass lines from a superior musician.

+1. Definitely. I love the bass on 'Taxman'.

Paul McCartney couldn't play his way out of a Wet Paper Bag. I always suspected Lonnie Mack played Bass on Abby Road.

Anyway, Anything John Paul Jones did on Zeppelin I, II, or In Through The Out Door gets me. Then of course Dragon Attack by Queen.

Where do I start...

When I think of perfect bass lines I think of theses

Freewill by Rush

Cowboy song by Thin Lizzy

What is and never should be by Led Zeppelin

Lemon Song by Led Zeppelin

Photograph by Def Leppard

Dani California By Red Hot Chili Peppers

Paul McCartney couldn't play his way out of a Wet Paper Bag. I always suspected Lonnie Mack played Bass on Abby Road.

Anyway' date=' Anything John Paul Jones did on Zeppelin I, II, or In Through The Out Door gets me. Then of course Dragon Attack by Queen.[/quote']

ha ha ha

The whole Black Sabbath Heaven and Hell album. I'm not sure if the bass was put more up front on that album, or what, but the bass lines just make all those songs.

+1 on McCartney too, especially Abbey Road.

If McCartney couldn't play his way out of a wet paper bag' date=' I think I should just give up and quit. Can anyone here play better than him? If so, let them come forward :-s [/quote']

Bet I can play piano better than him! hehe

Ok, maybe I can't. But I could definitely play better than Linda!!!

I think if you at their work post-Beatles, McCartney was definitely the stronger musician & songwriter. Lennon wrote some iconic songs, no doubt. But his entire catalog is more hit & miss than Paul's.

Whats a bass?

LOL! That reminds me of one of my First times playing in front of a Bar Crowd. After the show, this one lady who was there until the end says to me, "You're really good, how come you don't play the Big Guitar?" All I could think to say back was, "It's Not Mine."

Not much of a Metallica fan these days, but Jason Newsted's part in "I Disappear" is killer. Love the walk he does on the chorus. And they actually turned him up in the mix!

Archived