Gibson Brands Forums

Has anyone tried the Seymore Duncan P Rails?

drumrnmuzik

Hey has anyone tried out these P Rails? I'd like to split them and get the twangy tele/strat sound on the bridge.

I want to get rid of my stupid Strat copy and get an SG (Epi G-400) and experiment the hell out of it. Strat's just don't feel right in SG hands...

i have had my eyes on them for a while but the cost has stopped me buying them. i have a blend pot (roll control.) on my vintage av1. i get hums, single coil and with just a touch of the blend pot it's very like a p90. (it blends the second coil slightly.) i don't think i need the p rail now. i have some mean 90's in another guitar and it's very similar to this blended coil.

Thanks prolife, nice trick with the blend pot, do you have that instead of the 3way switch?

I have a (sweet) SG classic with P90's and while that is out of this world, I'd like also to have a thinner sound for certain rhythms. My strat copy has a great sound but I hate the physical feel of that axe's outline. It's just me of course.

I'm really wondering how much of the sound is from the wood and how much is from the pups. P90's are single coils even if they're twice as large, but the sound is VERY different.

If I knew how to up load an MP3 sample to the forum, I could send a 5 second clip of each.

Archived