Gibson Brands Forums

les paul traditional pro

Andre S

Unchambered means weight-relief holes. Also has short neck tenon.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Traditional-Pro-Electric-Guitar-105312888-i1444565.gc

Gibson Les Paul Standard Traditional Pro Electric Guitar Features:

Body Style: Non-chambered

Top: Carved maple

Back: Mahogany

Neck: Set mahogany

Neck Profile: '60s

Headstock: Angled

Scale length: 24-3/4"

Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood

No. of frets: 22 lloy Fret Wire

Nut width: 1.69"

Inlays: Trapezoid

Binding: Antique

Bridge: Tune-O-Matic with stopbar tailpiece

Tuners: Locking Grover

Hardware: Chrome

Bridge pickup: potted BurstBucker 3 humbucker with coil-splitting

Neck Pickup: '57 Classic with coil-splitting

Electronics: 2 volume with push/pull coil-splitting, 2 tone, 3-way toggle pickup selector

Knobs: Vintage Gibson top hats

Pickguard: Period-correct

Case: Hardshell

Other: Plek Set-up

Jimmy Pages Guitar has a Flame Top and the Traditional Pro has a Plain Top so in that sense, No.

But if you age it and put a pick up cover on the Neck Pickup it might look like his Les Paul. Why do you want a Guitar that looks like Jimmy Pages? Are you in a Led Zeppelin cover band? I say get something that you like.

Why do you want a Guitar that looks like Jimmy Pages?

This made me laugh. Good to see at least one other person out there is down to earth. Some people are willing to pay thousands of dollars just to own something that page held. There was a run of Jimmy Page signature Les Paul R9s in 2004, 25 of them were played and signed by Page. Those 25 sold for $25,000. Used, they've sold for as high as $125,000. Crazy, isn't it?

This made me laugh. Good to see at least one other person out there is down to earth. Some people are willing to pay thousands of dollars just to own something that page held. There was a run of Jimmy Page signature Les Paul R9s in 2004' date=' 25 of them were played and signed by Page. Those 25 sold for $25,000. Used, they've sold for as high as $125,000. Crazy, isn't it?[/quote']

Definitely wouldnt do that. I just like Page's finish on his Les Paul.

BTW Are Nine, I heard that Eric Clapton's Strat sold for........959 000 US in an auction by Guitar Centre. Now thats, crazy, at least it wasnt a private collector who bought that! that would have been insane...

I've been wanting a Les Paul for a long time and this model made me pull the trigger.Tuners ,pickups, weight, It has all the features I wanted.JimmyPages Paul had very little flame on it buy the way, But I have to admit I wish this guitar did.

The maple top is supposed to be thicker on this model as well. I've owned one since May 23rd and it's my favorite Les Paul' date=' with the exception of my 76 custom which was claimed by hurricane Katrina.[/quote']

sorry to hear bout you guitar loss

The maple top is supposed to be thicker on this model as well. I've owned one since May 23rd and it's my favorite Les Paul' date=' with the exception of my 76 custom which was claimed by hurricane Katrina.[/quote']

Interesting you mention that. Sometime w/in the last couple of years I recall reading an article in a guitar magazine (I'm sorry, but I can't recall which one) which was about a guy who was from there and went through the storm as well. After things had calmed somewhat, he was out helping w/the search/rescue/clean up of the city and he came across a Les Paul that had been terribly damaged by the storm (he had no idea who it belonged to). Being a guitar player, he picked it up and took it home w/him and restored it to an absolutely beautiful condition. How wild would that be if that were your guitar?

Archived