Gibson Brands Forums

new SG WITH MAESTRO

brazilianwood

Congratulations and olá! I just picked up a 2007 Custom Shop SG with Maestro as well.

Unlike the regular production Gibsons, the Custom Shop serial numbers don't specify the day it was made. I'm not an expert on serial numbers, but I believe the "09" would indicate 2009 and the other four numbers should indicate the 1042nd guitar built in the Custom Shop that year. I say "should" because I'm not sure how the other Custom Shop serial numbers beginning with "CS" figure in to that as well as the R8s, R9s, etc.

P.S. - Photos please?

When you change the strings, remove one pickup and you should see a sticker underneath. Burstbuckers 1 & 2.

09 - 2009

104 - 104th one made. Not sure if that means the 104th historic SG or 104th non-Les Paul historic.

2 - historic SG Standard

Here's mine, a 2008. Phenomenal guitar!!

SGVOS153.jpg

SGVOS131.jpg

SGNeckpickup.jpg

When you change the strings' date=' remove one pickup and you should see a sticker underneath. Burstbuckers 1 & 2.

09 - 2009

104 - 104th one made. Not sure if that means the 104th historic SG or 104th non-Les Paul historic.

2 - historic SG Standard

Here's mine, a 2008. Phenomenal guitar!!

[img']http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg225/Gibson_Tim/SGVOS153.jpg[/img]

SGVOS131.jpg

SGNeckpickup.jpg

If you dont mind me asking, What do you do for a living?

Thank you everybody!!!!

I had an SG Starndard in the past but I was into Les Paul sound, so I sold her. 6 years later, now I own 2 les pauls (one 1996 standard and one 2006 R7) and I decided to have an SG. I am really liking it sound, with less sustain and a more "loose and metalic " sound.

However I do not use the tremolo. Is it difficult to take off the Whammy bar, and how can I take it off. ( the screw seens to be very tight).

thank you all

Archived