Gibson Brands Forums

agree or disagree?

eod1214

Is it possible to like fender AND Gibson equaly the same, or do you agree that your either a gibson guy or a fender guy, but you like both but one way better?

i myself am a gibson guy, i never got into fender at all very much. what are you?

They all have their place. I can't say I prefer one over the other. If Gibson tried to make something that resembled a Fender I would find it weird and vice-versa. I know they've DONE it in the past but none of them had much market success.

East is East, West is West, and never the twain shall meet.

Me... I am most certainly a Gibson guy...

and a Taylor guy.....

and a Fender guy.....

I have had some of all those guitars, and liked each for what they can do.....

I am a guitar whore though so I am likely to fall in lust with other brands too........ #-o

I don't play electric so I don't really have a dog in that fight. I did play a Fender ESV-10 Ensenada acoustic that I liked. It's a 12 fret slothead with solid spruce top and solid palo escrito (mexican rosewood) back and sides. Of course they discontinued them so now there are no Fender acoustics that I like.

I'm a guitar guy..Gibson, Fender, Whatever. I recently discovered some vintage Harmony guitars that are cheap and awesome, particularly the Mercury H47 and Meteor H-70 like the ones the Stones and Kinks played. I put down my 335 to play my Mercury most times I perform now. It's as light as a feather.

I replied in regards to electric but prior to the Collings it was total Gibson acoustics - It still is Gibson acoustics but I do love the Collings

I have owned Martins, Taylors and most other brand no acoustic works for me like a Gibson small body

I do own an NMI dread acoustic that is an awesome guitar when you want that dread sound

I never found a Fender acoustic that liked me. I used to have a Tele that I liked pretty well, but I gave it away to a friend who was really hurtin' for something decent to play when I left the Fort Benning area for higher elevations. Had a Jag, too, years ago, but that's another story. I guess that makes me an ex-Fender man. 'Course I'm also between Gibsons right now (but in the market for a good one), so I reckon that makes me divorced twice!

Third time's the charm?

Right now I got me a sweet Collings who thinks I'm the man. I don't argue with her. She's louder than me! :)

Flinx

Fender acoustics?

No thanks.

My thoughts exactly!

The ex-boyfriend had a gorgeous Fender strat. I'd pick it up every now and then but I never did get used to the sound coming out of a box on the other side of the room. Electrics are just not for me. That being said, he could make that thing howl like nothing else!

The dangers of excessive pigeonholing manifest themselves in these kinds of 'either/or' discussions. =D>

I generally favour Gibsons in the world of acoustics, but am completely happy 'cheating' with a good guitar of <gasp!> another maker, so long as it works for me.

Electric side, I still love the Gibsons, sure enough, but I like Rickenbackers and Fenders; they all have their place!

Fred

Archived