Gibson Brands Forums

Are all the good little republicans in church?

Homz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where the hell did you read that?

You cant disprove or prove faith because faith is not based on reason, In order to prove what you believe is true you would need to throw faith away.

Faith is nothing but glorified ignorance, You can go around telling other people their faith is wrong and you can argue all your points but it does not matter because they have "Faith" that they are right they don't need reason or facts.

You cant disprove or prove faith because faith is not based on reason' date=' In order to prove what you believe is true you would need to throw faith away.

Faith is nothing but glorified ignorance, You can go around telling other people their faith is wrong and you can argue all your points but it does not matter because they have "Faith" that they are right they don't need reason or facts.[/quote']

I don't understand why you think that's a bad thing. Enlighten me.

Where did i say it was a bad thing? Enlighten me?

Ahem..."Faith is nothing but glorified ignorance." Taken straight from Wikipedia, the definition of ignorance is as follows: the state in which a person lacks knowledge, is unaware of something, or chooses to subjectively ignore information. Now, can you honestly tell me that it is a good thing to lack knowledge, be unaware of something, or to intentionally ignore information? No, in my opinion that is not a good thing, it is a bad thing. If you still think I'm wrong, you could still enlighten me with your superior knowledge.

Where did i say it was a bad thing? Enlighten me?

"Faith is nothing but glorified ignorance."

Seeing as how the definition of ignorance is: the condition of being uneducated' date=' unaware, or uninformed, what you said seems to imply that you think that when people have faith, they are unaware of the truth. Now, I don't know about you, but I've always thought knowing the truth was a [i']good[/i] thing, but like I said, enlighten me.

You cant disprove or prove faith because faith is not based on reason' date=' In order to prove what you believe is true you would need to throw faith away.

Faith is nothing but glorified ignorance, You can go around telling other people their faith is wrong and you can argue all your points but it does not matter because they have "Faith" that they are right they don't need reason or facts.[/quote']

Where the hell did you read that?

Dont confuse me with facts......

My mind's made up.......

Murph.

Truer words were never typed/spoken.

A Methodist pastor actually taught me about the world's religions.............and I saw very few differences at all. In fact, it was the striking similarities between Christianity and *so* many other religions that lead me to believe that they were all the same. (Religion was a requirement at my college. I chose "World Religion" instead of going through the OT or NT classes. Philosophy was also an option, but didn't fit into my schedule).

A Methodist pastor actually taught me about the world's religions.............and I saw very few differences at all. In fact' date=' it was the striking similarities between Christianity and *so* many other religions that lead me to believe that they were all the same. [/quote']

Wow I just wrote a complete set of lesson plans teaching world religions and came away with just the opposite. It's the differences that makes the difference - if that made sense.

Archived