Gibson Brands Forums

please read this everyone please i need help bad...................................

curtis adkins

Ooops...

forgot about that one.

Okay' date=' so I don't own a [i']flame top[/i] sunburst.

Ooops? How do you just forget about a guitar?

Maybe you should check the depths of your basement before asking me for a free guitar...

You probably have four or five flame top sunbursts down there. :-

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What cracks me up is that he is not even asking for an entry-level model' date=' gotta be the Jimmy Page model.

[/quote']

If a person is going to publicly make themselves look like a total dink, they might as well go for it all.

He's been in and out for the last coouple of days' date=' maybe checking to see if anyone offers him that guitar, maybe just lurking...

I feel kind of bad for him, maybe we were a little harsh?[/quote']

Nah...i bet he doesnt even know whats going on...:-

here is his other post:

hi all im curtis adkins and i have been playing guitar since i waz 7 or 8 any way's i can rem sitting with my dad ( passed 1 8 08 ) and watching the song remains the same and lookin at page and his 1959 les paul i waz hit i fell in love in 96 gibson redone this guitar i started writting and calling beggin gibson to help me get one but no reply and no luck in 2004 they redid this guitar again but this time they were perfect i started tryin to get gibson to help me again no luck and these 04 jimmy page's are byfar my fav guitar in the world they are art ; ) my dad died in jan 8 08 i called and wrote gibson to help me get a guitar tp play my dad's memorial but they told me they cnt help me and it's not there prob i waz sooooooooooooooooooo upset im still hurt but im here still tryin to get gibson to help me on my mission to get an 04 page les paul i live on ssi and cnt work so it is hard for me to get money i have 2 kids now and wow do i feel it lol i begg yall to help me have my one dream to own my own jimmy page 2004 sunburst i begg yall please please help me my life has been sucky up till now so can yall make one dream come true please please i could understand if i had a job or a guitar but i don't i have nothing but GOD N CHRIST so i begg you please please please help me this one time please save me gibson guitars ur freind curtis l adkins jr/ akron ohio

How'd you like to be the customer service guy who got THAT call?

I worked in a job for many years where I dealt with the public, and I'll tell you sometimes it took some self-restraint to keep a straight face. A couple of months before New Years, 2000, I interviewed a guy. He was fine, but his wife was whacko about Y2K. She demanded to know what we had done to prepare for it, and told me she had stockpiled food and ammo in a cabin back in the woods and that she planned to "sit back there and watch civilization destroy itself." When I asked her what she was going to do, once it became clear that nothing happened, she pitched a fit. I finally asked her to return to the reception area so I could complete the business her husband came in to take care of. Ironically enough, it had to do with his retirement, so I guess it was his little sugar dumplin's own idea.

Everybody's nuts, but at least the majority of us are less obvious and less dangerous than others.

What you smell is a burning les paul from dropping a joint onto the finish and catching fire... Someone really did give our new friend a lp.

Great' date=' maybe a new topic for a poll for smart asses: what smells worst, when dropping a joint onto the finish of a:

1. Les Paul [u']Dark Fire[/u]

2. Les Paul Standard light burst

3. Les Paul Standard tabacco burst

hello im curtis adkins jr and im tryin to get gibson to finally help me get my jimmy page sunburst i have begged since 1996 4 help i have e mailed wrote letters even called but still no help gibson guitars is a billion dollar corp a year and they wont help one person live his dream see i dnt even have or own a guitar wow well i started playin around the age of 7 8 or 9 and my daddy showed me the song remains the same wow i waz hooked on gibson the look the tone the guitar waz jimmy page's 1959 les paul sunburst his # 1 guitar i fell in love with that guitar the finish the sound the look those paf 's well wow they sounded so good to me my daddy said son u will have one of those guitars by the way i played music with my dad in every bar you can name in akron ohio i alway's had to use my daddy's fender eeeeeewwwwwwwwwww lol me and my dad had many bands i have went solo 4 the last year and some odd month's well cuz my daddy is gone he is passed on at 51 yrs old my daddy never got to see me with my 2004 jimmy page sunburst and at his fun i called gibson costumer service and the guy who picked up the phone seemed nice and i asked for help he told me it is not gibson's prob well yall i never got to play my own daddy's memorial im soooooooooooooo heartbroke i have begged till im blue in the face with no help it is the most hurtful thing ever cuz i still to this day stand with gibson guitars and all who work there yall r like fam my buddy rheam who worked at gibson used to talk to me every night he would give me stats new gear that waz hush hush that is the heart of gibson ppl like that man a true friend i have wrote henry j. ( the pres of gibson ) so many times since 1996 guess what not one letter or e mail ever got back from them all i know is i can play like crazy and well i need help gibson soooooooo bad bad i have 2 kid's no job / i live with my mom / i have no car/ no house of my own / no wife / no daddy and no guitar please please please will yall please finally send me my jimmy page sunburst #1 les paul please please or even if you have a les paul that needs put together i will give my all please gibson guitars help me please ur friend and family curtis l adkins jr

Your the funniest Mthfckr i have ever read!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahha

Ok I just got a mail telling me I won a guitar, not any guitar, it's Jimmys original guitar, turns out this guy found it years ago and kept it, now he is tired of having to pay a bank to keep it safe and he wants to send it to me...

Now I don't want to have to pay a bank either, nor do I want to spend the little free time I have going to a bank vault and looking at a guitar I wont ever use.

So the first person to reply with an account number (for me to send money for shipping and insurance) will get the guitar =D>

And I know what you are thinking "oh that awesome legendary guitar for free!!!" well no, it's not for free. You'll have to pay a bank to keep it in a vault and such...

Geez...Curtis, please learn to write with more periods. I can not understand your rambling writing! So here are a few periods to start with ............................................................................

Try to get some education and get a job. The journey of working hard is more precious and rewarding than the final goal itself.

Okay, here's where we should challenge or, perhaps I should say de-challenge ourselves. Who can mimic this guy's writing? I was going to attempt a funny retort but couldn't get the flow nor the words going. Who can write our, this forum's, reply to Curtis in Curtispeak? Perhaps we can have a contest with the best example winning the Page LP!!!!!!!!!??????????????

okayheres wherewe should challenge or perhapsIshould say dechallenge ourselves who can mimic this guys writing I was going to attempt a funny retort but couldnt get the flow nor the words going who can write our this forums reply to curtis in curtispeak perhaps we can have a contest with the best example winning the Page LP okayheres wherewe should challenge or perhapsIshould say dechallenge ourselves who can mimic this guys writing I was going to attempt a funny retort but couldnt get the flow nor the words going who can write our this forums reply to curtis in curtispeak perhaps we can have a contest with the best example winning the Page LP okayheres wherewe should challenge or perhapsIshould say dechallenge ourselves who can mimic this guys writing I was going to attempt a funny retort but couldnt get the flow nor the words going who can write our this forums reply to curtis in curtispeak perhaps we can have a contest with the best example winning the Page LP

There, done:-"

Hi handsome.............i'm a French supermodel that at current is stuck in Nigeria

I don't want money nono......a nice man is keep me up realy nice, but say hes gon'

kick me to curb if I don't get him a Gidson guitar........so here the deal........

you send me a real Gidson guttar and i give it to him, then

come marry you and you then have suppermodel wife from French.

Love and kesses.........

Hi handsome.............i'm a French supermodel that at current is stuck in Nigeria

I don't want money nono......a nice man is keep me up realy nice' date=' but say hes gon'

kick me to curb if I don't get him a Gidson guitar........so here the deal........

you send me a real Gidson guttar and i give it to him, then

come marry you and you then have suppermodel wife from French.

Love and kesses.........[/quote']

Your place or mine?

Okay' date=' here's where we should challenge or, perhaps I should say de-challenge ourselves. Who can mimic this guy's writing? I was going to attempt a funny retort but couldn't get the flow nor the words going. Who can write our, this forum's, reply to Curtis in Curtispeak? Perhaps we can have a contest with the best example winning the Page LP!!!!!!!!!?????????????? [/quote']

One thing I can say, Curtis is getting his 15 minutes of fame over his mindless rambling. I think we might have ourselves another William Hung in the makings.

I think nicholasrivera is right.

His is the funniest first posting I've ever seen here!

Although I couldn't be bothered to read all his myspace (or whatever) thing it's clear he's actually a comedian with a dry sense of humour. The stuff about the car race, the chick and the police; brilliant!

Archived