Gibson Brands Forums

Need everyones help! Playing at bar: Need songs!

Apparently' date=' "The Jack" is popular around here. Must be because nobody knows what the "jack" really is![/quote']

Haha. I have a funny (slightly off topic sorry) story about that song...

Sometimes I'll photograph a wedding for some extra money on the weekends. I did this one wedding a couple summers ago. There was a pretty heavy population of bikers in attendance at the reception, and they kept bugging the DJ to play some AC/DC. I was pretty happy about that since I love them, and that meant I wouldn't have to hear the electric slide again. Anyway, the DJ obviously didn't know too much about them, and didn't have very much AC/DC in his arsenal. So he announced: "I've been getting a lot of requests for AC/DC, so here you guys go..." and he put "The Jack" on. The bride was out on the dance floor dancing to that song with her girls. It was pretty awkward. I asked the DJ if he knew what that song meant, and he was like: "I thought it was about playing cards." Geez.

I asked the DJ if he knew what that song meant' date=' and he was like: "I thought it was about playing cards." Geez.[/quote']

Yep...same here. They either think it's about playing cards or masturbation. But they always get up & dance!

axe has won my heart

Happened looooooooooooong ago!!!!