Gibson Brands Forums

Is this Forum moving in slow motion?????

onewilyfool

VERY SLOW !!!

I think it is all the CR@P going on in The Gibson Lounge. It is bogging down the forum servers....... filling up their hard drive with BS......and over heating the CPU's !! Delete that section and I bet the whole forum goes back to being as right as rain !

Off topic but computer related: I have a 120Gb external hard drive with EVERYTHING on it. It has, in the past, made odd noises, clicked, whirred, groaned.... scary. Last week it refused to even turn on. OMG, everything is on that drive!

It may have been just the power supply or it may have been something worse, but desparate times call for desparate measures. It was all encapsulated in a metal and plastic case. I took it apart, removed the hard drive itself, then took my old Dell apart. I found it shared the same plugs as my cd drive. I plugged it in, rebooted, and it recognized it. WHEW! So I spent the next few days (off and on) transferring everything onto a little 80Gb Passport drive.

Dodged a bullet, my friends.

I was unable to bring this forum up for a few days. I had it book mareked and hadn't come through the 'front door' of the gibson.com page in months. After a couple days of nothing, I went back in the 'front door' and got through okay. However, it has been excruciatinly slow since.

You said lighting stuck? :D Bozeman :(

Off topic but computer related: ... It has' date=' in the past, made odd noises, clicked, whirred, groaned.... scary. Last week it refused to even turn on. ...[/quote']

Uhnh hunh?

... It was all encapsulated in a metal and plastic case.

And then you...

I took it apart' date=' removed the hard drive itself' date=' then took my old Dell apart. I found it shared the same plugs as my cd drive.[/quote'']

Past the "Do not open this case.. no servicable parts" sticker.... and then you....

I plugged it in' date=' rebooted, and it recognized it. WHEW! ..

Dodged a bullet, my friends.[/quote']

You lead a charmed life KSDADDY. Not sure 'charmed' is the right word, but charmed none-the-less.

I was unable to bring this forum up for a few days. I had it book mareked and hadn't come through the 'front door' of the gibson.com page in months. After a couple days of nothing' date=' I went back in the 'front door' and got through okay. However, it has been excruciatinly slow since.

You said lighting stuck? :-({|= Bozeman :- [/quote']

I think the lightening strike was in Nashville, wasn't it? I think the forum is out of Nashville. I know it's only a few seconds' wait now but it seems like an eternity! I'm trying to keep Louis CK's YouTube video (Everything's amazing - nobody's happy) in mind when I have to post. Okay, we are able to connect from all over the world in cyberspace in a matter of seconds. We shouldn't be complaining! (but it is painfully slow ~sigh~)

... we are able to connect from all over the world in cyberspace in a matter of seconds. We shouldn't be complaining! (but it is painfully slow ~sigh~)

I was reading some family history of J.S.Bach. His great grandfather was a miller by trade and a musician by avocation. People would bring him wheat and other small grains to be milled into flour. He'd load the machinery with the grain then once it was set to grinding, he had time to sit down and play his cittern, a guit tar like object.

Uncle Dave Macon, a renown banjo player and vocalist, member of the Grand Ole Opry, of the first half of the last century honed his craft as a way to pass the time while he hauled freight via wagon and mule. He was a mule skinner by trade. Once he told his mules to "giddap," he'd pick up his banjo and while away the hours playin' and singin'.. the mules knew the way.

If you ask me, life now is too fast.

Archived