Gibson Brands Forums

Great Songs from my youth.

Homz

"Smoke On The Water" was my wake up. I'd been gigging bars since I was 12 years old as a "kid". Get up, do "Proud Mary" sing it, play the lead, and be a little kid star. It was cool.

When I bought "Machine Head", the Roger Glover, Ritchie Blackmore, Ian Paice, Jon Lord rhythm section got me. Ian Gillians vocals blew my mind. The whole album was so far ahead of it's time, it's un-real when you consider it was 1972.

Been a big "Purple" fan ever since.

Best to ya.

Murph.

"Smoke On The Water" was my wake up. I'd been gigging bars since I was 12 years old as a "kid". Get up' date=' do "Proud Mary" sing it, play the lead, and be a little kid star. It was cool.

When I bought "Machine Head", the Roger Glover, Ritchie Blackmore, Ian Paice, Jon Lord rhythm section got me. Ian Gillians vocals blew my mind. The whole album was so far ahead of it's time, it's un-real when you consider it was 1972.

Been a big "Purple" fan ever since.

Best to ya.

Murph.

[/quote']

I was a Purple fan ever since Hush but was totally blown away by Deep Purple in Rock. To me that was one of the first really "hard rock" albums.

Brian

Check out Arthur Brown and the song Fire on youtube. He was painting his face BEFORE Alice and dancing around with a halo of fire on his head. That was an era of truly original performers and there was pretty much anything goes attitude that is still being well upheld today.

The video of the song is not so great because broadcasting technology could not do the brightness of the fire and the rest of the performance so you get a little burn out of the image but it is a great song and video.

I have just recently discovered youtube and am reliving my youth through it. So good and some really funny loking people singing some great songs. The Standells - Dirty Water, Beau Brummels, etc. I am having a GREAT time on youtube.

Brian

Archived