Gibson Brands Forums

Nuclear Proliferation

Homz

Nuclear Proliferation.

There's been a lot of talk about nuclear proliferation in the news lately. It seems all the fashion to blame our current administration for the nuclear program of Iran. When exactly did Pakistan, India, and North Korea start testing nuclear weapons? It just seems hypocritical to blame any particular president for the actions taken by an independent nation who has set the goal of violating the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.

The real question is what can or should be done to change the goals of countries such as Iran and North Korea? Can diplomatic pressures work to curb their nuclear programs and under what circumstances should military actions be necessary?

Opinion? Comments?

The real question is what can or should be done to change the goals of countries such as Iran and North Korea?

Nuke em' first.

See ya later.

Game over......

We win........

Obama would rather talk........

We'll see how that works.....

Nuke em' first.

See ya later.

Game over......

We win........

Obama would rather talk........

We'll see how that works.....

No question. If we are threatened we should do what is necessary.

My real question is are you applying a different standard to Obama? Seems to me the other nations mentioned in the first post developed their bomb making skills prior to Obama.

Is that a contradiction?

If I feel threatened in any way.

I dispose of the problem post haste' date=' sometimes it's not pretty.

But the threat is no longer a threat.

Comprende' Comrade???[/quote']

Exactly. But that is not how Obama is gonna handle it.

Buckle up.

He's a P.C. S.O.B.

The military is scared to kill now. I look for enlistment #'s to drop big time, because they are no longer allowed to "shoot first, and ask questions later."

Now, "Americans" are the bad guys.................

If I was 18 years old I wouldn't join THIS Army.......

I'd be afraid of legal action, if I killed someone pointing a gun at me........

Sad..................

Very sad..............

Murph.

He will do as he's told.

Just like his predecessor.

He ain't drivin the boat.

The Saudis were driving before.

China's got the wheel now.

Scary huh.

Always a pleasure Murph.

AXE®

Now' date=' "Americans" are the bad guys.................

Sad..................

Very sad..............

Murph.[/quote']

It was before Obama became president that us Americans were being called the 'bad guys'. Blame the real men who started this idea. And be glad if Obama is somehow able to fix our tarnished image.

Exactly. But that is not how Obama is gonna handle it.

Buckle up.

He's a P.C. S.O.B.

The military is scared to kill now. I look for enlistment #'s to drop big time' date=' because they are no longer allowed to "shoot first, and ask questions later."

Now, "Americans" are the bad guys.................

Sad..................

Very sad..............

Murph.[/quote']

Where do you get this propaganda from?

I expect that sort of thing from the America haters who put more value on weather someone has a 'R' after their name then the actions of the Commander-in-Chief. Let's keep in mind your president is actually adding to the forces in Afghanistan. You know that's that country that harbored those that actually did the actions of 9/11/01. Be reasonable man. Put aside the hate you have for Democrats long enough to evaluate this with your own eyes and not those of a fat psychopathic right wing drug addict (Rush Limbaugh) who actually wants his president to fail.

I respect your opinions Murph. Please provide me with your opinions, not what you hear.

And be glad if Obama is somehow able to fix our tarnished image.

Huh?

This ain't about "Image".....

This is about Nukes................

Power......

Nevermind.....

Sheeze...............

He will do as he's told.

Scary huh.

Always a pleasure Murph.

AXE®

It scares the hell out of me, but you may be correct. Good points.

Well I guess your right, not as much of an image but rather reputation for going to war for stupid reasons. But it may look like we are more susceptible to go to war w/ whomever actually does drop a bomb, no matter where it is because the US is one of the biggest advocates of the Nuclear Test Ban treaty. IMO

I don't hop on these topics often but when I do.

Pay attention.

I'm never wrong.

Ever...](* [/quote']

Nope your not a hopper.

I always pay attention when the AXE man speaketh.

Yes, it says in the Bible that only the USA -- and those big enough to thumb their nose at us -- can have nukes.

If we have them, I fully understand other countries wanting them (especially after bush showed the world we are willing to bomb innocent women and children based upon lies).

Besides, it really is not very likely that any country like N Korea or Iran will use them knowing that they will be obliterated in minutes by the USA and all the other countries that have them. This fear of nukes has been going on since the 1950s and so far, I think we are the only country that has used them (and, no, I'm not condeming our use at the end of WWII).

Besides, nukes don't kill people, people do. And if we outlaw nukes, only outlaws will have them.

Any country with the materials and engineering skills can build a nuke...It seems to me that every country has a right to build nukes, If we have them, how can we tell some other country they can't? Treaties are for losers and aren't worth the paper they are written on, ANY and ALL countries will break a treaty if they believe it's in their national interest....

So, if a country builds nukes, they become a target and are subject to devastating first strike if other countries feel threatened...The proliferation of nuclear weapons is why we need missile defense, we will be stupid not to build and perfect this defense...Welcome to the jungle!

He will do as he's told.

Scary huh.

Always a pleasure Murph.

AXE®

:) =D> =D>

Damn right AXEman

It was before Obama became president that us Americans were being called the 'bad guys'. Blame the real men who started this idea. And be glad if Obama is somehow able to fix our tarnished image.

I think I agree...

And I know some of you guys dont have a good opinion on Obama' date=' I really couldnt care less about him, but as a guy leaving in a country overrun by REAL COMMIES I gotta say, Obama seems like a nice guy :- he actually is making the world like "you guys" again, and that's gotta be a good thing.

Think about it: the more the world likes you (and the less they hate you) the less chance of people planing to do bad things to you. The less people pllanning to do bad things to you, the less chance of having a war.

[b']

Of course "the less chance of having a war" is not a good thing for some of you that want to enlist so you can shoot anyone anywhere just because and go away with it. Its not good to the people making and selling weapons. Its not good to McDonalds either :-[/b](and that's the real invasion, fast food).

Yes' date=' it says in the Bible that only the USA -- and those big enough to thumb their nose at us -- can have nukes.

If we have them, I fully understand other countries wanting them (especially after bush showed the world we are willing to bomb innocent women and children based upon lies).

Besides, it really is not very likely that any country like N Korea or Iran will use them knowing that they will be obliterated in minutes by the USA and all the other countries that have them. This fear of nukes has been going on since the 1950s and so far, I think we are the only country that has used them (and, no, I'm not condeming our use at the end of WWII).

Besides, nukes don't kill people, people do. And if we outlaw nukes, only outlaws will have them. [/quote']

I just had to quote this.

:) =D> =D> :- :-

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

It's pretty naive to think that the world didn't like us under W, but that they are starting to like us under O...America has been hated by our competitors and rivals for decades, and loved and respected (sometimes) by our friends and rivals for just as long. We have enemies, rivals, friends in the world. Most of the world seems to like the American people, but not the American gov't...Who gives a crap?

ALL countries and ALL people generally do what's in their own interests...period. Our embassy's were bombed under Clinton, our Airliners were hijacked under Nixon, Ford, Carter and Reagan, our embassy workers were taken hostage under Carter...I'd rather be feared than loved! I'm all about the preservation of my family, country and ideas and less about international friendship, ALL of the relationships between countries change over time, based on national interests and competition over resources.

Archived