Gibson Brands Forums

Is there a PayPal option to donate money for additional Bandwidth?

Benoit Trow

I know this isn't the appropriate place to post this, but this is where I tend to "hang-out". Also, I suspect this may actually be a Gibson sponsored forum and, if the case, this is appalling! If not, and as stated below, is there a PayPal option to donate money for additional Bandwidth?

Forgive my impertinence, but who runs/owns this forum? Getting a page to load or simply trying to surf around is extremely frustrating and describing it as slow would be a HUGE compliment! Reminds me of when I first had home Internet and dialed-up/logged-in at 28.8KBPS, but this is actually slower.

Is there a PayPal option to donate money for additional Bandwidth?

I love this forum when it works, that, however, is rarely!

Cheers,

Trow

Looks like they've probably got plenty of bandwidth. the pages are pretty large though and they're not using http compression which would most likely make the user experience much snappier, both in the forums and their main page (www.gibson.com) and would be pretty easy to turn on.

Either way i'll still be drooling over their pictures of guitars and mandolins all day O:)

Their whole website including the guitar side is S L O W...... Some days the guitar site will not even load and has dead links. Lately their site is a bit of a joke. It's almost laughable.

Sure I'll donate

But ONLY if they kill the Lounge Area!

As moderator of the Gibson Dark Fire Forum - i now get flack because "I didn't do my job in the Lounge Area". with the usual suspects in there.

When i log in to the Gibson Guitar User Forum - I want to read about how others are using their GIBSON GUITARS

Please Read the following three times:

I could care less about reading Topics regarding politics, bigotry, gender bashing, and wading through all the "noise" of the 3rd grade mentality "bullies" with, no life, and low self esteem, and ONLY use this place as their Global Channel to transmit their Campaign of Hate into world.

Please leave, Join the Fox News Forum, the Alex Jones channel, or Above Top Secret http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/

or

Learn to spend your time in a more productive manner - like playing Gibson Guitars.

You are nothing more than a Noisy radio with nothing but static.

Lets get the FOCUS back on GIBSON GUITARS!!!

Or else Shadow, KSDaddy and I will be forced to respond with the necessary course of action.

Today I suspended Neo_Con_Man and Homz as both repeatedly violate the Forum rules.

30 days each

Expect flack for 3 days - then a return to more bandwith for Gibson Guitars discussions.

We have established a zero tolerance rule for Members who destroy the positive bandwidth here.

This is a Gibson Guitar Forum.

Due to the latest off topic discussions we are getting blocked by public library and School computers - where budding Gibson guitarists can not find a solution because off topic post discussions trigger red flags for typical "PG Rated" blocking filters on public computers.

Anytime its clear that a member is using this Forum to distribute nothing but hate and negativity - and zero about guitars - They will get suspended 30 days!!!

If they Repeat - then they get banned for life.

Today I suspended Neo_Con_Man and Homz as both repeatedly violate the Forum rules.

30 days each

Expect flack for 3 days - then a return to more bandwith for Gibson Guitars discussions.

We have established a zero tolerance rule for Members who destroy the positive bandwidth here.

This is a Gibson Guitar Forum.

Due to the latest off topic discussions we are getting blocked by public library and School computers - where budding Gibson guitarists can not find a solution because off topic post discussions trigger red flags for typical "PG Rated" blocking filters on public computers.

Anytime its clear that a member is using this Forum to distribute nothing but hate and negativity - and zero about guitars - They will get suspended 30 days!!!

What specifically did I do to get banned?

Gibson rocks. You don't.

Is that a new addition to the TOS?

Which public libraries? Do they also ban CNN and FoxNews websites? Just wondering if the evening news also triggers red flags for PG Rated blocking filters.

There's a difference between hate and negativity and simple disagreement and debate.

If you want your site to be only about Gibson guitars, then change your TOS, close the lounge, and you'll have it. You can go back to only talking Gibson all the time and enjoy all the bandwidth you want while answering questions about "Is this a fake?"

Sure I'll donate

As moderator of the Gibson Dark Fire Forum - i now get flack because "I didn't do my job in the Lounge Area". with the usual suspects in there.

When i log in to the Gibson Guitar User Forum - I want to read about how others are using their GIBSON GUITARS

I could care less about reading Topics regarding politics' date=' bigotry, gender bashing, and wading through the "noise" of all the 3rd grade mentality "bullies" with, no life, and low self esteem, and ONLY use this place as their Global Channel to transmit their Campaign of Hate into world.

Please leave, Join the Fox News Forum

or

Learn to spend your time in a more productive manner - like playing Gibson Guitars.

Or else Shadow, KS_Daddy and I will be forced to respond with the necessary course of action.

[/quote']

I know there are often some rediculous battles going on in the lounge,but I appreciate it being here and would miss it if it were taken away.I can pretty much jusch not click on and avoid the nonsense.Its not difficult.I guess I can understand if its a waste of bandwidth,but in that case,can the posts just be deleted and bandwidth then restored?

Sure I'll donate

I could care less about reading Topics regarding politics' date=' bigotry, gender bashing, and wading through all the "noise" of the 3rd grade mentality "bullies" with, no life, and low self esteem, and ONLY use this place as their Global Channel to transmit their Campaign of Hate into world.

Please leave, Join the Fox News Forum, the Alex Jones channel, or Above Top Secret http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/

or

[/quote']

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Or else Shadow' date=' KSDaddy and I will be forced to respond with the necessary course of action.

[/quote']

The whole holy trinity of the forum taking care of stuff eh? Maybe things are worst that we thought! If you guys need a hand you know you can count me in :-

I've been called many things in my lifetime, but never a waste of bandwidth.

Ain't technology grand?

:-)

As stated above, just try clicking on to something more your style.

I never go into the majority of the areas here because the threads don't interest me in the least.

Sure I'll donate

I could care less about reading Topics regarding politics' date=' bigotry, gender bashing, and wading through all the "noise" of the 3rd grade mentality "bullies" with, no life, and low self esteem, and ONLY use this place as their Global Channel to transmit their Campaign of Hate into world.

or

Or else Shadow, KSDaddy and I will be forced to respond with the necessary course of action.

[/quote']

Looks to me like you have an agenda to kill the lounge. Just saying. I wonder if all those in the lounge know your desires. BTW where did you get that list of new rules that are not posted in the help section of the forum. Did you just make them up?

[-X

I've been called many things in my lifetime' date=' but never a waste of bandwidth.

Ain't technology grand?

As stated above, just try clicking on to something more your style.

I never go into the majority of the areas here because the threads don't interest me in the least.

[/quote]

That it is kinda funny sounding isn't it?"waste of bandwidth LOL

That one made me laugh a little.Ah that Neo,he's nothing but a waste of bandwidth:d/

Okay, first things first.

Why is this thread NOT in The Lounge?

I NEVER post anything like this in the actual guitar areas, because this IS for guitars!!!!

I cannot believe the Mod Squad has not moved this to where it belongs....

I could care less about reading Topics regarding politics' date='

bigotry,

gender bashing,

and wading through all the "noise" of the 3rd grade mentality "bullies" with, no life, and low self esteem, and ONLY use this place as their Global Channel to transmit their Campaign of Hate into world.

Join the Fox News Forum [/quote']

Ah.......

So as a Gibson Moderator you automatically (and very publicly) connect Fox News with

bigotry

gender bashing

3rd grade mentality

bullies

no life

low self esteem

and a Global Channel to transmit their Campaign of Hate into world.

It should be interesting to see Henry explain that to Fox News camera crews when they ask him to comment.

Maybe Gibson could sign on a few sponsors like MoveOn.org, Michael Moore and GE - who owns NBC.

The push here sounds like the mods are moonlighting from other guitar forum competitors - not a good thing.

What they deem "political/acceptable" or 'truthful/hateful" is usually so skewed as to defy belief.

If you don't want politics, then say it.

It's a done deal.

If you don't want that certain type of politics but will allow other political baloney to grow like weeds, then you have just accepted the role as Thought Police. Members must fit the Ideology Mold to stay, eh?

Careful dropping such obvious hints and insight to your personal agenda that may be imposed here.....

Go ahead, I'll state publicly that if you feel I should be removed from your forum - then so be it.

That gets rid of me, then what?

Who else gets banned?

There's an old saying;

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Here's a crazy idea, but give it a thought;

Instead of killing the people, just kill the threads.

You don't want politics AT ALL, then kill the threads.

People keep seeing their proud handiwork disappear into the ethers of cyberspace, they'll quit posting it.

Trust me, this works.

You may find this hard to believe, but I'm ALL FOR IT.

Don't believe me?

Read this;

So, What IS a NeoCon?

I know you're a busy guy, but it may be worth your five minutes.

About seven paragraphs down you'll see where it ALL comes together.

You might find we're not so far apart on this issue, just divided by methodology and enforcement.

I would LOVE to see an end to the sort of political baloney that I find so offensive - and damaging to our nation.

Of course, my input is no different than any other - I'm just some guy on the internet.

If you (as an agent of Gibson) have already consigned me to the "Hater" column, then I'm sure you're skimming this post quickly for offensive content and then moving right along to bigger and better things, completely dismissing the entire post.

PM me and tell me it ain't so....

30 days each

positive bandwidth

hate and negativity

(Heavy sigh.......)

I'm SO glad I never accepted a Moderator position in a forum.

What were they thinking to make such offers?

Archived