Gibson Brands Forums

Slow Death

Bluemoon

This forum is dying a slow death. In fact, it might in its death throws as we speak...

Four reasons.

1. The site is slow as Axe painting a fence

2. And supposedly you can no longer register for the site...or it takes a really long time to register. Some guy was complaining about it today. And I think he is right...I haven't seen any new talent in this place in ages.

3. R9, Thunder, and AXE are participating in political threads

4. Demon's posts are becoming more articulate

Is intonation adversely effected if the action is quickened by lowering the strings closer to the fret board?

#5 Homz actually says something about guitars.

Crap...the end is closer than I thought.

Lets face reality fellas....This forum talks less and less about guitars and music in general and more

about everything, and I DO mean everything else.

To go off topic every now and then is cool, and expected....but... I truely believe some of the guys here should just

get Facebook accounts and be interacting that way.

Save the bandwidth for musicians and wannabe musicians.

Alright, let's get our sh** straight. This is the Forum for Gibson guitars! They

should have the best forum in the music industry. (and maybe Marshall)

There is no excuse that there are less people on this forum than on MyLesPaul,

for Heaven's sake. I think we should all get together and contact both Gibson

and the moderator(s) of this forum and shame them into improving it.

Gibson is the number one guitar company in the world, in the opinion of MANY.

If they're going to run a forum, it should be tip-top, not inferior.

1- The slowness of this site is sometimes ASTOUNDING, laughable. Why aren't we

inundating the maintainers of this site with emails, and also Gibson itself about this?

2- It's difficult to register you say???? Definitively stupid to have a sign-up site

that's hard to signup for. Are you kidding me???

3- Political discussions- Frankly, I like this. The Lounge is meant for things not

necessarily musical, as I understand it. And I like talking politics with you other

musicians. I think that your imaginations are probably superior to the norm, being

artists. And your intelligence is probably above the norm.

If this site was run by people I never heard of, like many other forums, I wouldn't

object. But this is Gibson's site. Let's contact Gibson. Let's flood them with demands

that if they're going to have a forum (and that's undoubtedly good for their

business), they need to keep the quality up, as it's a reflection on Gibson.

I'm going to make a copy of this post and send it to Gibson. I'd appreciate it if all

you mother-pickers would follow up.

By the way, how do we get hold of the moderators of this site? And p.s. you can get

hold of Gibson by e-mailing service@gibson.com

Or you can contact

Gibson Corporate

309 Plus Park Blvd.

Nashville, TN 37217

615.889.5509 FAX

This site should have thousands of posters visiting each day, not 50. Try contacting Gibson in one way

or another. (it's an 800 number, after all) You might be surprised what some human communication can accomplish. And you might be pleased with the results of your contribution.

Thanks,

Brian Butler

Gibson guitar owner and proud of it

Lets face reality fellas....This forum talks less and less about guitars and music in general and more

about everything' date=' and I DO mean everything else.

To go off topic every now and then is cool, and expected....but... I truely believe some of the guys here should just

Save the bandwidth for musicians and wannabe musicians.[/quote']

thank you for your post. With all due respect, aren't there enough guitar and amp

sections of the Gibson forum to satisfy? The one that we're in now is called the Lounge.

Here is its description: You asked for it! Here is your place for all things all topic,

and at large.

It says '...all topics...' That means all topics, doesn't it?

Actually they wrote '...all topic...' singular, not plural. Which I think points out

how much help the guys who run this forum need. =P~

I just sent emailed a copy of my post on making the Gibson forum the sharpest one in

the industry to Gibson Guitars, Inc. I intend to send the email again later too, so

that someone different might see it.

Help me out, say something to Gibson. :)

Brian, you can take a look at the first post (now a sticky) that apears when one enters the lounge, Shadow (the poster) is the main man here... anything you want to let them know, you let HIM know.

I like the forum as it is, my only complaint would be it's really slow lately... and that kid asking for a free Gibby:-"

thank you for your post. With all due respect, aren't there enough guitar and amp

sections of the Gibson forum to satisfy? The one that we're in now is called the Lounge.

Here is its description: You asked for it! Here is your place for all things all topic,

and at large.

Yep...thats true. But as I pointed out in another thread the lounge has overtaken the Les Paul thread, and the lounge has only been around less then half of that time.

This forum is less and less about music, and more about fluff....im not big on fluff, I have no patience for it.

Especially when fights start over silly, stupid things.

Brian' date=' you can take a look at the first post (now a sticky) that apears when one enters the lounge, Shadow (the poster) is the main man here... anything you want to let them know, you let HIM know.

I like the forum as it is, my only complaint would be it's really slow lately... and that kid asking for a free Gibby:-"[/quote']

Well yea, the slowness is THE problem. (and if a person can't register easily, that

is a problem too)

Otherwise I love it here.

Yep...thats true. But as I pointed out in another thread the lounge has overtaken the Les Paul thread' date=' and the lounge has only been around less then half of that time.

This forum is less and less about music, and more about fluff....im not big on fluff, I have no patience for it.

Especially when fights start over silly, stupid things.[/quote']

I see. You object that the non-music forum has overtaken the music forum. I see the

objection to that, but I could accept that as just growth in the wrong order. This entire

forum has to have PLENTY of music stuff, since it belongs to a guitar company, but

that certainly shouldn't leave out a non-music forum, because some musicians like to

go off topic too.

And if the non-music stuff supercedes the music stuff...well, let's just hope that the

music stuff is complete enough to answer anyone's question or fulfill anyone's interests

and then they can just stay away from the non-music part.

You know, to be honest, I wish that the Gibson hollow body, etc. forums would catch up

with the Gibson Les Paul forum.

about everything' date=' and I DO mean everything else.

Save the bandwidth for musicians and wannabe musicians.[/quote']

thumbsup2.jpg

Archived