Gibson Brands Forums

You Brits are so Funny ---Happy Friday !!

nodehopper

Nodehopper. I've got to know. Why in God's name are you accessing The Daily Mail online? No respectable Gibson fan in Britain would ever admit to it.

Mainly read by women and fools (and I am not suggesting an association) and you are clearly neither.

There are plenty of policemen who patrol the City on bicycles these days, so why not. Personally, I don't care what mode of transport the Police use, as long as they are out there doing a fantastic job.

An English Bobby walks up to a car with steamed windows one night and taps lightly on the Driver side window. When the window comes down, the Bobby notices the driver has THREE HEADS!!!! When seeing this the Bobby says, "Well, Hello, hello, hello....." (say hello WITHOUT pronouncing the 'h', in your best British accent)

An English Bobby walks up to a car with steamed windows one night and taps lightly on the Driver side window. When the window comes down, the Bobby notices the driver has THREE HEADS!!!! When seeing this the Bobby says, "Well, Hello, hello, hello....." (say hello WITHOUT pronouncing the 'h', in your best British accent).....man, this joke is even funny on our side of the pond......

article-1192581-0550C03B000005DC-887_634x415.jpg

(Chief, on other end of phone) Phillips! How many times have I told you not to pop wheelies on that vehicle!

(Officer) Sorry sir. Won't happen again.

(Chief) It had better not or you'll be back to shoe leather express so fast your eyes bubble!

(Chief' date=' on other end of phone) Phillips! How many times have I told you not to pop wheelies on that vehicle!

(Officer) Sorry sir. Won't happen again.

(Chief) It had better not or you'll be back to shoe leather express so fast your eyes bubble!

[/quote']

Jerryk ....good job piling on! Brilliant Mate !

Nodehopper. I've got to know. Why in God's name are you accessing The Daily Mail online? No respectable Gibson fan in Britain would ever admit to it.

Mainly read by women and fools (and I am not suggesting an association) and you are clearly neither.

There are plenty of policemen who patrol the City on bicycles these days' date=' so why not. Personally, I don't care what mode of transport the Police use, as long as they are out there doing a fantastic job.[/quote']

The Times is read by the men who rule the country

The Telegraph is read by folk who aspire to rule the country

The Guardian is read by people who think they should rule the country

The Daily Mail is read by the wives of men who rule the country

The Daily Worker is read by people who used to rule the country

The Sun is read by people who don't care who rules the country as long as she has HUGE T*TS!

Peter - you would NOT be saying that had you been on the receiving end of it' date=' trust me!

Also - that bloody actor has my Snakeskin Boots on! Some **** stole them at a party in '79.....

Who takes off their boots at a party? What kind of party was it? Hmmm...

Sounds like it was one of those Austin Powers deals...yeah, baby!

It was the early seventies, BOC were in town and the band and crew crashed a party someplace in the smoke. Since I had been around (fiddling with the lasers - oh man - biggest lasers I'd seen at the time.....) I went along for the ride, like you do. Ligging it was called, and a number of us had raised it to an art-form.

And in the UK a gentleman ALWAYS takes his boots off for a lady, erm, beyond a certain point, shall we say. And later we went for a swim and some smoke, and when I went to get dressed, some low-life party-goer had walked off with my boots. Boy was I mad - they were a gift from a good friend, expensive, snappy looking and real comfortable. I had to borrow a pair of baseball-boots to get home in.

If I could go back in time - I'd do it all again.....

It's apparent they don't play baseball in the UK. Converse All-Stars are Basketball shoes. Baseball shoes have cleats, or spikes. Here in the colonies we wear boots to go fishing and shoes to play sports. And Bob's your uncle.

I feel your pain. I have a pair of snakeskin (Python, as in Monty) I got in Mexico 4 or 5 years ago. If someone stole THEM, I'd have to skin him to make a new pair.

By the way - the Police 'cruiser'. I was NOT suprised to see it comes from California. I expect pretty soon, once they get the police use to not having a place for their box of Krispy Kremes - they'll be selling us all motorized roller skates. Sorry - subliminally, I'd have more respect of a police officer in a car than on a tricycle.

Archived