Gibson Brands Forums

Pics of you SG's....Somebody had to do it.........Again!

Laney1566

I don't have any new images of my guitars to submit. However' date=' considering the time of year, I suppose it's cool to put up this photo. It's my '94 Standard. I sent this out as my holiday card to my friends last year. I'm working on a new one, I'll put that up when I take it...

[img']http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/pictvre5/card_photo_email.jpg[/img]

haha that's awesome!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm new at this, just starting to learn to play...lol at almost 60 years old, but I'm gonna give it my best shot. y'all got some great gear, the vintage axes are fantastic. but anyway here's a pic of my stuff, not to many things but i imagine i will be adding and changing some things.

Gibson SG Classic P90's, Marshall AVT150H, Marshall AVT412A, DigiTech RP255

DSC00898copy.jpg

Can anyone spot the obvious reasons for the hole under the strings?

Standard route for a Kahler vibrato bridge, fairly certain it must have been a flat mount (maybe a Flyer 2300), since the stud mount ones use the exact same holes as the TOM & stop-bar pair.

If you look closely, the bottom of the routed part has some deeper parts. Amateur job (hey, I'm no pro). Plus, if the guitar was made in the 60s, there is no way this was a factory job. Kahler bridges came out during the very early 80s.

So, either the owner did it or a very bad luthier.

One love

Archived