Gibson Brands Forums

Pics of you SG's....Somebody had to do it.........Again!

Laney1566

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im trying to decide if i should get a Gibson SG Standard or 61 Reissue when i enlist in the Navy. But in the mean time, im satisfied with my Epiphone. I was thinking the 61, because i've kinda fallen in love with the 61 look. But i also like the feel of a standard neck. So i don't know lol

I fixed my rhythm pickup and put a cover on it.

100B1530.jpg

100B1500.jpg

Thanks neogeoriffic! One thing that bugs me is i've lost that little black piece that goes between the neck and neck pickup. I can't find it anywhere. Maybe i can buy one somewhere. Yeah i agree left handed guitars do look a little weird, but i couldn't play a right handed guitar to save my life. And what's funny is, I started playing guitar on a right handed guitar. But since i was left handed, i wanted to switch. Im limited to my selection of instruments too. But luckily the SG is left handed [woot]

Amen man. I just wish sometimes lefties would get the same offers that right handed players do. Like the Gibson SG Classic. No left handed version, at least that i know of. Now i could custom order one, but it would cost a lot of money. And i haven't seen the special and special faded left handed for a while. But, it's no big deal for me. Any SG will suit me even if i have to flip it.

Here's mine. It's a 1987 SG and is also my first Gibson. [biggrin] Not sure if it's a good price but I got it for $400.00

Although, I'm not exactly sure what model SG it is. It has has what looks to me like a Custom Neck with a Standard head stock. As you can see, it has been routed to accept a Kahler Tremolo which I have in the case and it has a few dings, but I think the dings give it character. I also got the original gold pickups or "puppies" and original Gold Hardware when I got the guitar.

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Shawn

I know this is a Gibson Forum But I did see some Epi's posted so I will post mine. They are Epiphone Prophecies W/ Grover tuners, Speed tapered satin necks w/Ebony fretboards, 24 frets, set necks and head stock and hot pickups. They cry Gibson Quality at an affordable price.

Here's my devilish duo

IMG_0086.jpg

Finally I have a guitar worthy of this thread.

IMG_0110.jpg

I know this is a Gibson Forum But I did see some Epi's posted so I will post mine. They are Epiphone Prophecies W/ Grover tuners' date=' Speed tapered satin necks w/Ebony fretboards, 24 frets, set necks and head stock and hot pickups. They cry Gibson Quality at an affordable price.

[img']http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab80/Rewddawg1/IMG_0086.jpg[/img]

I like the finishes on both of those. [drool]

The rhythm guitarist / lead singer in my band has a Prophecy Les Paul with 2 Dirty Fingers Humbuckers (which are probably the same pickups in your red SG) and a push pull coil tap and I think it plays and feels just as good as the Gibson version.

Shawn

Hey NeoG how thick is the pickguard on your 67' it looks thicker than newer models and the bevel looka sharper. Oh and that pic is HOT !

Hey NeoG how thick is the pickguard on your 67' it looks thicker than newer models and the bevel looka sharper. Oh and that pic is HOT !

Thx, man. Photoshop fun. You're absolutely right the pick guard bevel's are at more of an angle than newer models and the white stripe bits are thicker. Perhaps sharper too now that you mention it.

Nice axe, Jaikka! Welcome to the club.

Archived