Gibson Brands Forums

Fortuitous indeed... 2 DUI arrests in 1.

NeoConMan

Deputy Makes 2 DUI Arrests In 1 Stop

Sept. 14, 2009

Associated Press

SALEM, Ore. – A Marion County deputy made two drunk driving arrests in one traffic stop.

The sheriff's office said Deputy Ryan Clarke stopped a car driven by 59-year-old woman early Friday.

While giving her a field sobriety test, a second car pulled up and the woman's boyfriend approached.

Clarke suspected the 66-year-old man was also drunk and performed a field sobriety test on him.

Clarke found both appeared to be driving under the influence and took them to the county jail.

That is NOT the typical DUI in Oregon. I don't know why you hafta pick on Oregon but at least you could get your facts straight. Here the typical DUI would be an ex-con driving an unregistered, uninsured vehicle that doesn't belong to anyone he knows, with a revoked license at 3:15 AM with an open container, a case and a half unopened, 47 empties, an ounce of weed and a quarter gram of meth.

Jeez! :D

I went to stop someone at 3 in the morning a few weeks ago. He didnt want to stop so I chased him for ten mins before he crashed... He was four time oer the limit...

Regards

In New Jersey they'd drop the charges against the Perp and sue your a$$, your departments a$$, the city/town/village, and anyone else they could think of for the pursuit involviing a "victimless crime".. Worst is they'd probably win!!

Ya its all Real Funny until you Know Somebody That Dies/Gets Killed By an ***-Hole

Drunk That Was Driving 3 Times Over the Legal Limit[-x =P~](*,)'

And His Excuse Was Officer "I Was Too Drunk to Walk I Had too Drive"

and He Didn't Even Know that He Had Hit Anything.

Ya its all Real Funny until you Know Somebody That Dies/Gets Killed By an ***-Hole

Drunk That Was Driving 3 Times Over the Legal Limit[-x =P~](*'

and He Didn't Even Know that He Had Hit Anything.[/quote']

max2343..

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be funny. It's pathetic. I believe it was Newsday (newspaper on Long Island, NY) had an article about some jerk that's had his license suspended more than 20 times, and he just got caught DUI again???

That is NOT the typical DUI in Oregon. I don't know why you hafta pick on Oregon but at least you could get your facts straight. Here the typical DUI would be an ex-con driving an unregistered' date=' uninsured vehicle that doesn't belong to anyone he knows, with a revoked license at 3:15 AM with an open container, a case and a half unopened, 47 empties, an ounce of weed and a quarter gram of meth.

Jeez! =P~ [/quote']

You forgot the part about "While on his way to the hippie convention in Eugene". ;o)

Here's one from my neck of the woods...

Quebec drunk driver of 4 kids fined $2,000

Drivers over 40 don't heed warnings: MADD

Updated - Wednesday, September 9, 2009

CBC News

A woman who drove four children along a western Quebec highway while she was

drunk has been fined $2,000.

Nicole Gagnon, 42, of Déléage, Que., about 100 kilometres north of Gatineau,

pleaded guilty to impaired driving late Tuesday afternoon. She had been pulled

over Monday night on Highway 105 near Shouldice Road,north of Wakefield, Que.,

while returning from the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival.

At the time, she had four children between the ages of four and nine in the car

and had three times the legal limit of alcohol in her blood, police said. Off-duty

officers had observed her driving erratically and narrowly missing a head-on collision.

In addition to having to pay the fine, Gagnon is on probation for a year. She has

had her driver's licence suspended for the same length of time and her car has been

impounded for 30 days.

This was an update after she had been fined. I couldn't find the original story, but

it was a 2 hour drive home from where she was. I've driven that exact route many

times and that is one nasty stretch of road at the best of times. Had she not been

pulled over, those kids would have died that night.

Drunk That Was Driving 3 Times Over the Legal Limit[-x =P~ :-

and He Didn't Even Know that He Had Hit Anything.

Drunk driving isn't funny. Stupidity often evokes a humorous response, though. And I HAVE lost friends to drunk drivers. I've lost friends to sober drivers whose only effing excuse was "I didn't see him!". Laws are STILL too lenient for impaired drivers. And for cagers who think motorcyclists deserve "whatever they get" when someone drives into them at 70 mph while talking on their cell phone.

But if I stop laughing and let myself get bitter about everything I see wrong, I might as well curl up and die.

My condolences for the loss of your friend.

Archived