Gibson Brands Forums

Gotta Question for Yall.

Andre S

I have to do an expository piece of writing for oral presentation for school.

For Friday the 18th of September, ie this Friday, I have to pick a them and topic. It can be anything I want. I was thinking that as the theme I would do something music related, and as the topic I would do something related to guitars, or something else in music. What would you pick?

Hmm, an obvious idea but good suggestion nonetheless.. But for an expository piece you should consider the audience. In the Caribbean hardly anyone knows about Les Paul the man or the guitar. At least in my school and country people seem to like more music like rap and stuff like that.

But I'll ask the teacher tomorrow what she thinks, because in the end its up to her, as she is marking it, once I do my part and she marks it, then the audience doesn't really play too major a part in the marks I receive

Well' date=' you will be enlightening them, more of a reason to write it.[/quote']

I hope she thinks the same way. I could easily talk seven minutes about Les Paul, man and guitars.

But I think the only reason that she may object to that is that she may want something more local to us. But she did say anything once not, unsuitable....

why would the teacher want the artist to be local? Is the course based on local history?

BTW I think the paint thing is for kiss

I was thinking that too, but I think she would want it to be more local as it it would help the audience to better relate to whatever topic I am talking about. Instead of talking about something faraway, that probably has no impact on the majority of people in my class,

something a little closer to home, would be more interesting.

No offense to any baseball fans there, but if someone came and started yapping about baseball I would find it pretty boring compared to a sport that I know, such as cricket.

Similarly, if the people in my class do not know about Les Paul man and guitar, then their interest will only go so far.

why would the teacher want the artist to be local? Is the course based on local history?

BTW I think the paint thing is for kiss

Not necessarily an artist, it is an expository piece on anything we want to do, and since I am interested in music I thought that I would do something relating to music.

And the course is actually an advanced English course.

For history, we are doing the European Enlightenment and WW1. And interestingly enough European Enlightenment seems a more interesting. But then again, the teacher who does the Enlightenment makes his class more interesting than the other history teacher who teaches the module on WW1.

Yes' date=' a bio piece would be expository. Expository merely means you are describing something. You would be describing the life of les paul and his guitar in-depth[/quote']

yeah I guess it is. Me thinks I was mixing up the word expository with the word exegesis.

Archived