Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Classic Antique Club

LPguitarman

I paid $2' date='000 back in June of 2007. If you can find one now it should be about the same, but it would probably be used since I doubt a new one would be sitting in a store this long. Since it probably would be used, I would expect to pay a little less than $2,000.

[/quote']

Sounds about right.

Picked up one like lonestar's in wine red a couple years back.

It was only a few months old, but the previous owner had to sell it for money, so I got a good deal.

I think they originaly sold for like $2400, I got it for about $1800 out-the-door.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Forgive my reviving an old thread, but I'm reserving a spot for a pic of mine next week [thumbup] . A few days ago, I was unaware of this model, then stumbled on to one on eBay and spent the better part of the day researching it.

At the Blues Club last night, I watched on my phone as a snipe service submitted my bid as the auction ended (it was one bid increment from my max submitted 9 hours earlier, I was sure I'd be outbid), Turns out, my max bid was $3.19 more than the next highest bidder's, so a mint condition 2007 honey burst (with very subtle flamed top) is now mine and should be delivered next week. I am stoked! Sorry if anyone here was in the bidding for that one, but it was a "must try to acquire" situation for me. 5 bucks more by the second bidder and they'd own it! I think I got lucky [thumbup] .

I paid $2' date='000 back in June of 2007. If you can find one now it should be about the same, but it would probably be used since I doubt a new one would be sitting in a store this long. Since it probably would be used, I would expect to pay a little less than $2,000.

[/quote']

I got mine a few months ago brand new. Paid $1850.

Craig

I'll post pics when mine arrives. For now, I've been for some reason unable to reproduce the Sellers pics to more than thumbnail size, not sure why. But the pics are still up at this writing, and the eBay listing is here.

One question, I presume it's a typo. The Seller refers to the Maple grain of the neck, but these all have Mahogany necks, correct? (Not that I have anything against a Maple neck, I am a Strat guy at heart after all [biggrin] ).

It's a typo.

The necks on these are mahogany.

As well as the chambered body.

Thanks' date=' yeah I am not even sure why I asked. After I did, I spent some time studying the pics of the back of the neck. Quite obviously the same wood as the body, and most certainly nothing like the maple on the necks of my Strats :) .

I'm tracking it, looks like it should be here tomorrow (I'll know more late tonight or very early tomorrow morning, but so far it's on time for "estimated" delivery of tomorrow). Standing by... [biggrin

In the mean time, I've been loading up some cool Les Paul songs onto the JamMan Solo so I can learn from some of the greats.

Forgive my reviving an old thread' date=' but I'm reserving a spot for a pic of mine next week [cool'] . A few days ago, I was unaware of this model, then stumbled on to one on eBay and spent the better part of the day researching it.

At the Blues Club last night, I watched on my phone as a snipe service submitted my bid as the auction ended (it was one bid increment from my max submitted 9 hours earlier, I was sure I'd be outbid), Turns out, my max bid was $3.19 more than the next highest bidder's, so a mint condition 2007 honey burst (with very subtle flamed top) is now mine and should be delivered next week. I am stoked! Sorry if anyone here was in the bidding for that one, but it was a "must try to acquire" situation for me. 5 bucks more by the second bidder and they'd own it! I think I got lucky [cool] .

I just bought a 2008 mint condition honeyburst for 1750 canadian. I am having it set up.

CIMG0717.jpg

leewaun - nice looking honeyburst! [cool]

Yup really nice flame top and I love this model as the 57 classics are my favourite gibson pickups and the I prefer the 60's neck to any other neck.

All in all the classic antique model was designed to satisfy my needs.

It is a bonus if it pleases the rest of you out there!

:-

Time for a stupid question... what model is it that has the old script logo on the headstock? I thought it was the Classic Antique, but no one else seems to be posting one.

I'd like to find one of those someday when I finally decide I should have a Les Paul... every time I do, I don't have the money for it (like right now), and when I have the money I want something else.

Time for a stupid question... what model is it that has the old script logo on the headstock? I thought it was the Classic Antique' date=' but no one else seems to be posting one.

I'd like to find one of those someday when I finally decide I should have a Les Paul... every time I do, I don't have the money for it (like right now), and when I have the money I want something else.[/quote']

It is a LP Classic Antique (Mahogany Top) - GOTW # 33 from 2007:

http://www.electric-guitar-review.com/2007/09/04/gibson-announces-guitar-of-the-week-33-les-paul-classic-antique-mahogany-top/

Time for a stupid question... what model is it that has the old script logo on the headstock? I thought it was the Classic Antique' date=' but no one else seems to be posting one.

I'd like to find one of those someday when I finally decide I should have a Les Paul... every time I do, I don't have the money for it (like right now), and when I have the money I want something else.[/quote']

As an addendum to my post above, here is the official link:

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/LP_Classic_Antique_M_Wk33/

Leewaun congrats, that's a beauty!

I just picked up this mint 2007 model on eBay (I buy lots of stuff there, had pretty good luck). Was a hair under $1500 delivered, seems like the Classic Antiques don't bring as high a price there as other models (can't understand why, but I will take the benefit!) Original owner had added the pickup covers, I like the look (need to investigate what they may do to the sound and what's involved in removing them).

I couldn't agree more on the Vintage '57 pups, that was what convinced me to go for this beauty, and though I was apprehensive about the neck (I have always loved the big fat 50's style neck), I am really loving the slim tapered 60's neck on this one!

Finally got my camera charged up and snapped a few, here goes...

orig.jpg

This one illustrates how subtle the flame is on the top, especially compared to the other pics

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

On set up, I think the action is fine just where it is, but I think I'm going to need to set the intonation (have a look at where the saddles are set now, doesn't look even remotely correct to me, and what little I've played it, I notice a little something heading towards the upper registers). This one also came with TonePro's locking bridge and tailpiece (aluminum, nickel finished).

orig.jpg

The crowning touch, very classy and attractive IMO...

orig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Leewaun congrats' date=' that's a beauty!

I just picked up this mint 2007 model on eBay (I buy lots of stuff there, had pretty good luck). Was a hair under $1500 delivered, seems like the Classic Antiques don't bring as high a price there as other models (can't understand why, but I will take the benefit!) Original owner had added the pickup covers, I like the look (need to investigate what they may do to the sound and what's involved in removing them).

I couldn't agree more on the Vintage '57 pups, that was what convinced me to go for this beauty, and though I was apprehensive about the neck (I have always loved the big fat 50's style neck), I am really loving the slim tapered 60's neck on this one!

Finally got my camera charged up and snapped a few, here goes...

[img']http://www.fototime.com/12B05EBD2CD3EBA/orig.jpg[/img]

This one illustrates how subtle the flame is on the top, especially compared to the other pics

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

On set up, I think the action is fine just where it is, but I think I'm going to need to set the intonation (have a look at where the saddles are set now, doesn't look even remotely correct to me, and what little I've played it, I notice a little something heading towards the upper registers). This one also came with TonePro's locking bridge and tailpiece (aluminum, nickel finished).

orig.jpg

The crowning touch, very classy and attractive IMO...

orig.jpg

Hey T Bone! If you were still looking into taking those pickup covers off, here's a nice detailed demonstration on how to take 'em off!

Thanks, that's a great tutorial to have on file! Truth is, I'll probably leave them on though (at least for now). When I started looking for this guitar, I actually was also looking for a set of covers, thought they looked good on it.

Interesting note on the deal I got on mine. The same Seller had two I guess, just sold another 2007 Classic Antique in honey burst. This one was also listed as mint like mine, and was bone stock (mine had the added covers, Tone Pro locking bridge and tailpiece). The recent one came with the "case candy" (uninstalled pick guard in plastic, truss rod wrench, warranty book and serial number card). And the top was more highly figured than mine. While mine sold for $1453.20 (if the next bidder had gone 5 bucks higher, he'd have won, my bid was at my max), this recent one was sold at $2038.03. While that one is beautiful, I actually prefer mine. And I'm now even more convinced that I lucked out and got a great deal!