Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Classic Antique Club

LPguitarman

T Bone' date=' your CA is stunning. i'd say you got one helluva deal on a great LP!

[/quote']

Thanks! Glad it worked out, thinking back, I'd have wished I'd bid higher if I didn't get it [cool] . Really shouldn't have been spending right now though, so it worked out great for me (didn't know I'd love the guitar as much as I do!).

• 3 weeks later...
after falling in love with t bone's honeyburst from these pic's i was on the hunt and the other night on ebay i got one a 07 classic antique in honeyburst it should be here wendsday and i will post some pic's

That's cool Jerry' date=' the secret is, they look even better in person. And the sound and playability is fantastic. Happy you found one, enjoy, and please put up some pics of yours when it gets to you (we've got others we can get hooked on these too [biggrin ).

• 4 weeks later...

i got mine yesterday and im loving it i will post pic's after im done playing it[cool]

Just wondering if you ever got the pics uploaded?

Plus, I wanted to bump this thread (to see if it works [wink] ) and hopefully, it will be re-linked in the Les Paul Club thread (link currently not working properly).

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I’ve been lucky enough to find a brand new Les Paul Classic Antique in a shop about a month ago. The guitar is fitted with the 57 & 57 plus pickups and was built in 2008.

After first seeing it I went to other dealers and tried several different models, Studio’s, Standards and Traditional but none of them were a patch on the Classic. I rushed back to the original shop (who were getting rid of their Gibson stock due to ceasing to be a Gibson dealer, the guitar was in a sale) and thankfully it was still available.

Now I can’t think of another guitar that I would swap it for!

P1000308.jpg

Hi again,

I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions as too what is the best practice amp to use with those guitars. I currently have a Marshall MG15 DFX but I’m a little dissatisfied with the sound that it produces. I think the amp that I choose will need to be valve and small. One option that I was thinking of trying was the VHT Special 6 Combo or maybe a small Fender modelling amp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ian.

Hi again,

I was wondering if anyone here had any suggestions as too what is the best practice amp to use with those guitars. I currently have a Marshall MG15 DFX but I’m a little dissatisfied with the sound that it produces. I think the amp that I choose will need to be valve and small. One option that I was thinking of trying was the VHT Special 6 Combo or maybe a small Fender modelling amp.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ian.

Find you an amp that sounds the best to your ears, that is the BEST amp for you. As for valve and small, yes the VHT is a fine choice. Also maybe the Fender Champion 600 or a Vox AC4TV8(combo) or Vox AC4TVH(head). The AC4TVH with the right cabinet is a pretty nice piece, sound wise. But of course everyone's ears are different. If you have a music shop close by then try several different amps out in person and find the one that is right for you and sounds the best to you. That is your best bet.

Good luck

hotrod

• 3 months later...

In 2009, I bought Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst made year 2008. I wanna ask some questions about these guitars: mine mahogany body 2 pieces. is it normal? why not one piece mahogany body? and looked up its hardware and electronics they are better than standard. Why Classic is cheaper than standard? And tried many of them but Classic's sustain and tone kicks all them ***! And mine has flamed mahogany neck! I never seen like this! Here some pics of mine...

In 2009, I bought Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst made year 2008. I wanna ask some questions about these guitars: mine mahogany body 2 pieces. is it normal? why not one piece mahogany body? and looked up its hardware and electronics they are better than standard. Why Classic is cheaper than standard? And tried many of them but Classic's sustain and tone kicks all them ***! And mine has flamed mahogany neck! I never seen like this! Here some pics of mine...

post-30230-032689900 1297282462_thumb.jpg

post-30230-003438700 1297282506_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Beautiful Classic Antique you've got there. Love the flamed neck grain and the top.

• Upvote 1

Hi guys,

I purchased a 2008 les paul classic antique before Christmas and I have a question. The volume and tone knobs are really stiff to turn, is there anything I can do to make them any smoother. By the way...I love this guitar.

Thanks for the help.

I think will be smoother by using. it may take a few months or years.

maybe you wanna change your pots like me. Mine was stiff too I've changed them with cts 500k longshaft audio taper pots by 50's wiring type. Now i have very soft knobs and more clear tone.

you can buy these pots from here: http://www.allparts.com/CTS-Long-Shaft-500K-Split-Shaft-Audio-Pot-p/ep-0686-000.htm

and the wiring diagram: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=157262

but don't forget that this operation makes you out of warranty!!!!

i hope they will help you.

• 2 months later...

hey guys, ive got a 2008 gibson les paul classic antique in heritage cherry with classic 57 pickups bought new, i tryed loads of les pauls at the time but this is the one that really stood out too me even choose this over a custom shop!, can anyone tell me if theyre still making the classics anymore??

thanks!!

hey guys, ive got a 2008 gibson les paul classic antique in heritage cherry with classic 57 pickups bought new, i tryed loads of les pauls at the time but this is the one that really stood out too me even choose this over a custom shop!, can anyone tell me if theyre still making the classics anymore??

thanks!!

Sadly no... How about some pictures of your Classic Antique?

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my 2007 Les Paul Classic Antique. GOTW production number 23, 8.0 LBS. I found it locally for $1400 so I bought it. Not a big fan of red guitars but it sounds and plays great !.

img15812.jpg

Beautiful example, nice flames. Great price too!

Here's mine ......

post-3989-007771100 1305441580_thumb.jpg

post-3989-015365400 1305441603_thumb.jpg

Sweet guitar, nice dark burst :).