Gibson Brands Forums

Used Blues Junior Price

Silenced Fred

Wow.

I paid $355 for mine 3 years ago - new.

I guess the values are going up more than I thought.

Hadn't looked lately, since I'm not in the market and not selling one.

Killer amp.

Sounds just like its big brother the Hot Rod DeVille unless you're way down low.

Doesn't really have the balls for lower end power chords, but it's only 15 watts.

Stay above the A string and it sounds badass - clean or dirty.

Wow.

I paid $355 for mine 3 years ago - new.

I guess the values are going up more than I thought.

Hadn't looked lately' date=' since I'm not in the market and not selling one.

Killer amp.

Sounds just like its big brother the Hot Rod DeVille unless you're way down low.

Doesn't really have the balls for lower end power chords, but it's only 15 watts.

Stay above the A string and it sounds badass - clean or dirty.

[/quote']

I bought mine for $300 used around two years ago; it was technically used but I bought it from a music store that also sells on Ebay and the story was that it was a return. The amp was in pristine condition except for a small bump on one edge which is why the seller said he couldn't resell it again as new. So, a blem. At the time, new BJs were selling for around $400 so it was a good deal.

Yeah' date=' but [i']resell[/i] a Carvin.

Just sayin'.....

Good stuff, I'm sure, but....

I gigged the R1000 (1000 watt) bass rig with a 4;10T cab for several years. I'm back into lead, but it'll never be sold.

The AG100D is one of the best kept secrets in acoustic amps. I own one.

I gigged with Owen Malone for many years, and he'll never sell that Nomad. He also has a WALL of Carvin p.a. gear.

Now that I think about it.

I've never known anyone trying to sell any Carvin gear.

I've never played one of their guitars, but their P.A. gear, bass gear, and tube amps are some of the best deals out there. Very road worthy stuff.

I've always heard the same.

The only personal experience I have is with their basses.

I almost ordered a loaded Carvin instead of my PRS, my dealer cautioned me that the $2,500 Carvin would be worth half that the very next day - if I was lucky.

They won't even buy 'em used because they can't give 'em away.

I've always heard the same.

The only personal experience I have is with their basses.

I almost ordered a loaded Carvin instead of my PRS' date=' my dealer cautioned me that the $2,500 Carvin would be worth half that the very next day - if I was lucky.

They won't even buy 'em used because they can't give 'em away.

[/quote']

Yep, I've read their guitars have a hard time during re-sell but, like I said, I've never played one, and they sell direct, so that sort of makes sense.

But, having said that....

I have a TON of experiance with their amps, and P.A. gear, and put them WAY above JBL, Peavey, Ampeg, Crate, ect.

The outdoor gig I did a few weeks ago had a huge P.A. rig and ALL the power amps were Carvin.

What is the sound similar to? any amp' date=' if applicable

I will have to take a look at one, who sells them?[/quote']

Factory direct. No middleman.

Google Carvin.

The Nomad/BelAir is like the EL84 amps like Vox, Peavey Classic 50, ect.

Steve Vai has a signature 100 watter w/EL34's.

The X100B is what Frank Zappa used.....

Cool stuff.

Best to ya.

Murph.

You can probably get a new Blues Jr. (black Tolex with a Fender speaker) for just under $500. $350 might not be too far off for a like-new, used one. I bought "relic" tweed Blues Jr. with a Jensen speaker from GC a few years ago. The Hot Rod Series Blues Junior NOS that GC sells now is, I think, comparable. I REALLY like the sound out of mine. I think the Jensen speaker is an improvement.

If you think a 15W Fender might be for you, I'd look for a Blues Jr. with the Jensen speaker.

http://billmaudio.com/wp/?page_id=295

Quick Question- If I would buy this one' date=' how hard would it be to put the Jensen speaker in an amp? It is fairly new, I believe it is a 2007 mfgr amp and if it would increase the tone that much, is it possible?[/quote']

It is easy to do.

Though I wouldn't be a Jensen in it. Two good choices for this amp are the Weber 12F150 or the Texas Cannibis Rex. If you want more speaker options for you BJ then check out this site--http://billmaudio.com/wp/?page_id=295

Also, I would do a tube change before a speaker change. Put some JJs in it.

Yes, it's possible that the Jensen would increase the tone that much. I didn't want to say it, but the one with Jensen is MUCH nicer (in MY opinion). It's mellow and seems to break up and crunch a little easier. But the non-Jensen one is still good. The speaker replacement is easy I'm sure, if you know how to use a screwdriver :-k, but the speaker costs $80 and if it's not in your budget, I wouldn't worry about it. Maybe you can buy it later if you go try a tweed Blues Jr. at GC and you like it. You might prefer it without the Jensen. Some people do, I'm sure. =D>

Archived