Gibson Brands Forums

If I Drink Light Beer, I Drink Twice As Much......

Murph

Is it just me, or does beer taste like shizzle compared to 20 years ago? I remember when Busch was the popular beer. It tasted sooooo good. If you had the money, you sprung for Michelob. Then Bud Light took over and it was ok at first, but now, I can barely choke any packaged beer down. As far as draft goes, I judge a place on how good their draft is. I equate bad draft with uncleanliness as I think it comes from not cleaning the lines. there is a bar across from the factory I work that is known for the best tasting draft in the area. Served in frosted 32 oz glasses. It opens at six am and by seven, you can't get a seat at the bar when the night shifter get out.

IMO there is a beer for every ocassion.

American light beer has its place, can't be drinking a 12-pack or 18-pack of Pale Ales while you are at the beach, you'll freakin' die!!

If you are going to have only a few then so called "quality" beer is the way to go.

I am very fond of English Ales and the good Mexican beers like Bohemia and Tecate, but 6 is my max on those. IPAs? 3 and I am buzzing...I am there.

Yea, right, light beer was invented by Austrian brewers themselves when they moved to America and other countries where there is hot weather.

I drank a couple of Moorhouse Witches Brew Pale Ales one day this summer when it was about 98 degrees and trust me I should have drank a few cold Miller Lites instead.

There a beer for every ocassion, that is the beauty of it, now that the days are cooler strong beer is going to taste even better.

Archived