Gibson Brands Forums

Sept. 17 A Great Day for America!

jaxson50

well i go to a catholic high school' date=' where i have to wear a uniform.... khakis and a polo shirt (we get them from lands end and we can wear any color).... but basically everyone just wore either a red, white, or blue shirt.

.... so it wasnt anything exciting. sorry.[/quote']

I had to wear a uniform till I went to jr. high, even then we had a dress code. I think it was a good thing, at the time I hated it. But now I'm a grandfather so I know nothing.......

<Chortle> You young guys make me chuckle. Yeah, I'm older than Cruzn... <chortle>

Anyway, I'm so old I hadda wear coat and tie my last two years of high school. Classes six days a week, study halls seven days a week, mandatory sports, grades posted every three weeks, etc., etc., etc.

There's another factor on the U.S. Constitution I think tended to be forgotten even by those who had pretty good school instruction through "high school," and that is that the basics came pretty much from the Brits. The major difference is that the best of Brit political tradition as seen by Madison and others went into the U.S. version. You can argue they weren't "the best," but not the tradition from which they came.

I went through my own, "the Brits went to H-E-Doubletoothpick" because of the anti firearms laws of the 1920s and such, plus some odd machinations in the later 20th Century. But then even in my 20s, I concluded that it likely has been a natural if probably destructive response to high population densities to want the government to be responsible for most everything even if it means loss of personal freedom, rights and responsibilities.

Music in this?

Music, whether in performance or written on paper, both music style and lyric, are dependent to a large extent on political governance. The freedoms allowed in Anglophone nations, at least, are such that at this time, music can follow whatever odd permutations the marketplace might support.

That's not necessarily so in other cultures where music must follow certain cultural, religious and/or political imperatives.

m

well i go to a catholic high school' date=' where i have to wear a uniform.... khakis and a polo shirt (we get them from lands end and we can wear any color).... but basically everyone just wore either a red, white, or blue shirt.

.... so it wasnt anything exciting. sorry.[/quote']

No, no appology necesasry. I think it is exciting to show your national colors. Being part of this nation is a gift from your forebears. What you do with it is up to you. So few High School students have a passable knowledge of our history and Constitution, because when they learned it, they had nothing more at stake than to remember it for the test then forget it. Immigrants, the legal ones, have their freedom and citizenship in the greatest nation on earth at stake.

Never, ever, young man, take your citizenship for granted. Never, ever take The Constitution for granted or 'they' will take it away from you. A lot of sweat, tears and blood were shed to make itall possible. It will and is, taking a lot of sweat, blood and tears to keep 'them' from taking it from us. Understanding how all this works is quite exciting.

What I've posted about the first two ammendments protecting each other and they protecting the rest of the Bill of Rights and Constitution, I've deduced from my learning in and out of school and observing the world around me. Sadly, there are those using The First Ammendment to try to tear down The Second Amendment. Those that are directly involved with it haven't a clue that the wolves are at the 1st Ammendment's back door, waiting for the 2nd to fall.

Question is: What are YOU going to do about it?

Archived