Gibson Brands Forums

Is it just me?

Gilliangirl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, I don't think you're going to get much argument that that's pretty awful.

Death Metal in general, to me, is just... pointless. Like it tries so hard to be angry and br00t4l that it becomes a parody of itself, and metal in general kinda.

But, hey, some people probably listen to that and think it's genius. Music, huh?

That style of um..... (cough) "music" can actually be done in a cool way. There's a group called Six Feet Under that released an album of covers, Smoke on the Water, TNT, others, and it really kicks butt. The album title is Graveyard Classics.

Might be old news to many (that group existing), but the first time I heard them do Smoke on the Water I almost drove off the road.

Maybe I am too old but this' date=' to me, is absolute 100% CRAP. I am fully anticipating that I will be flamed for this, and accused of being closed-minded, but this is not music. Period.

I love a lot of genres of metal, but Death Metal and its signature Dog Barking singing is just awful. even when it came out in the 80's I drew the line.

I am surprised by the "Metal" generalizations though, I mean Metallica is metal, Dokken is metal, Accept is metal, all of them fantastic bands.

I don't mind Metallica. In fact I really liked One the first time I heard it. I thought the guitars sounded great together, really tight sound. And I liked Enter Sandman too. So it's not like I'm not willing to consider music outside my usual genre. But that, sorry, is not music by any stretch of the imagination. Noise, yes. Music, no.

Archived