Gibson Brands Forums

Is it just me?

Gilliangirl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always had mixed feelings of hilaritydissapointment when it comes to musicnoise like this. The song will start out all badass (instrumentals), then the screeching gutterals come in and completely ruin it for me. Sometimes I laugh, sometimes I'm dissapointed.

I love metal, and if you train yourself (it does require a bit of effort) to tune out the gutterals and only hear the instruments, sometimes you can hear nice heavy riffs.

This doesn't qualify, sounds like they are trying too hard.

Other bands however, take Six Feet Under for example, their song Victim of the Paranoid always makes my hair stand on end.

The gutterals just kill it for me though.

Death Metal bands would sound better just instrumental.

That's just my opinion however, and it DOES appeal to somebody.

Ugh...why do you guys have to be so juding on todays crap death metal...death metal use to be somethign great...i love death metal i bunch of great riffs and drums and bass from it. I only really listen to old school detah metal...the ****ing good stuff no that crap you showed. Oh and thanks for insutling me everyone. :-s

You know what...if jocko wasnt ****ign mod i woudl ****ing prove all of you wrong..but to bad i dont wana get ****ign ban...so you ****ing win.

lol.

How would you get banned for proving someone wrong?

It's not in the rules anywhere.

Or are you just typing to be typing?

lol.

How would you get banned for proving someone wrong?

It's not in the rules anywhere.

Or are you just typing to be typing?

lol no i would just lose my mind and say **** that would get me band.

Its happned before...many times. :-s

Sorry everyone.

You know what...if jocko wasnt ****ign mod i woudl ****ing prove all of you wrong..but to bad i dont wana get ****ign ban...so you ****ing win.

Dem00n I'm not saying all death metal (if that's what Putrid Pile is) is bad. I'm saying that particular song is bad. If you post a death metal video that you thhink is good, I'm sure all of us would watch it with an open mind.

Man that was rough on the ears!!

The thing that's funny about the whole deal is the responses to the video/posting on YOUTUBE!! Go back and read the posts on the youtube site. They are the same as here except they are all complimenting the band (at least the first page or so). One post stated they "can't understand why any one couldn't like that band and that anyone that didn't was stupid and couldn't understand complex music"!! Others were praising the vocalist as being "great live". They'd better be great live or something because I think they suck recorded!!

Of course there again....I also try to look for the positive in everything and believe everyone has a right to like their own stuff (read signature) I personally find good in this by feeling better about my playing abilities and know that at least one group has sucked worse than any band I've ever been in!! :-&/

If you haven't checked out the link on my page its a rap song my son wrote and recorded about 4 years ago. He's recorded 3 cds worth of stuff and sells enough of them to cover his recording and processing cost and have a little extra. He asked me to overdub guitar on this one and it turned out ok. I hadn't recorded anything in years so i was a little nervous at first but it was fun. I know its not everyones cup of tea but some of it can be more musical than others.

He's written some new stuff thats pretty political in nature because of his frustration with our government and I can't wait to hear it. cookie

If you haven't checked out the link on my page its a rap song my son wrote and recorded about 4 years ago. He's recorded 3 cds worth of stuff and sells enough of them to cover his recording and processing cost and have a little extra. He asked me to overdub guitar on this one and it turned out ok. I hadn't recorded anything in years so i was a little nervous at first but it was fun. I know its not everyones cup of tea but some of it can be more musical than others.

He's written some new stuff thats pretty political in nature because of his frustration with our government and I can't wait to hear it. cookie

I really like it Cookieman! He's got skillz! Nice guitarwork too... (and so much better than the vocals from the OP.... =D> )

Does he have a CD out?

Putrid Pile try so hard to disgust that it ends up being quite endearing.....

Shaun LaCanne is a tubby little dweeb with specs and a back-to-front beanie hat out of Milwaukee,

who stands with feet wide apart and tries to sound scary in his camo pants and trainers. They describe

their lyrical themes (I kid you not - they have a lyrical theme.....) as Sickness, Gore, Feces, Mutilation,

Sexual Sadism, and their influences as Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, Lividity, Gorgasm,

Devourment, Disgorge (CA) and Fleshgrind.

When you listen to tracks like 5hit Bodypainting or Bind Torture Kill, or perhaps

Food For The Maggots, you have to give them kudos for trying to 'be' the genre, and yet

somehow you can see the guys sitting down post gig to some Oreos and a hot, milky cocoa.

But it is their music, their genre - they gig and they sell music - so good luck to them.

I hated it, to my ears it had NO redeeming features, but good on them for having

the dangly-maraccas to go out there and do it.

But it is their music' date=' [i']their[/i] genre - they gig and they sell music - so good luck to them.

I hated it, to my ears it had NO redeeming features, but good on them for having

the dangly-maraccas to go out there and do it.

Therm, my friend... your viewpoints are a refreshing breath of fresh air in a very stale place!

Absolutely spot on. Not my cuppa tea, but good on 'em for making something that garners a fan base.

Archived