Gibson Brands Forums

Oooh a '59 !

Andre S

400 grand? That's ALL I'm gonna do is check it out, been refinished, removed covers, all manner of things he did to it, and he thinks he's gonna get four hundred THOUSAND dollars for it? Please. He's also got an alleged '52 he only wants 17 grand for that one.

hmmm.... that doesnt look legit. i wouldnt believe it until i saw it with my own eyes.... hes only got that one pic and it doesnt look real.

plus.... you can get a 59 for like 350k all original right?? and this guy wants an extra 50k but yet he removed the pickup covers and refinished it.... and besides that bigsby just doesnt belong there. it looks extremely fugly.

Nice 59! I agree the Bigsby just doesn't look good at all sittin on there IMHO. It might mean the world to someone else but not my cup of tea on a LP.

That's a chunk o' change for a re-finished 59 with that unattractive Bigs on it. I've seen unfinished all original 59 examples in the 300-350k range so I think he's pissin in the wind tryin to get 406k for his...you never know though? It might mean something more to someone that he's owned it since 61?

You'd think for that kind of money that he would at least wipe the dust, fuzz, and other crap from it before he started takin pictures to sell it for almost half a million dollars??? :-s

Well, hey, they are offering free shipping . . . :D

Here in Kansas, that's 2 nice homes, or one extremely nice one.

Who would-a-thunk that had my parents just bought me a $200 LP back in '59 when I was born, it would have made such an incredible investment compared to anything else.

Did they actually offer a Bigsby as standard equipment back then? I'm suspicious . . . =D>

danb a dull pencil is definitley not better than a sharp mind.

your probably too young to understand it but,

the meaning is merely stating that even though you may be smart and have a sharp mind it's always better to write something down because even the smartest sharpest minded people can still forget things from time to time where as if they had written it down.......well...

Well' date=' hey, they are offering free shipping . . . :D

Did they actually offer a Bigsby as standard equipment back then? I'm suspicious . . . =D> [/quote']

yes they did offer a Bigsby as optional factory installed equipment on the 50's Les Pauls.

there are some examples in Yasuhiko Iwanade's fantastic photobook-The Beauty of the Burst

i have a photo somewhere of Keith Richards' 59 LP burst with a Bigsby.

he bought it 2nd hand, in 1964 on the Stones first American tour.

hmmm.... that doesnt look legit. i wouldnt believe it until i saw it with my own eyes.... hes only got that one pic and it doesnt look real.

plus.... you can get a 59 for like 350k all original right?? and this guy wants an extra 50k but yet he removed the pickup covers and refinished it.... and besides that bigsby just doesnt belong there. it looks extremely fugly.

2 things you said are wrong. He said you have to be there to buy it, not online, I think. Plus there a ton of other pics if you scroll down.

Archived