Gibson Brands Forums

Mogami instrument cables

Bluemoon

Anyone use them? Seem fairly reasonable in price from Lava.

I haven't used them. I like George Ls... I buy bulk cable and ends use them on my pedalboard and going back to my amps. However, I don't like the stiffness going from guitar to pedalboard. I need something limper so it won't get tangled in my feet. I'll be watching this thread for a good recommendation too.

I love mine.

Great clear signal, from both the really high end one

and the more reasonable one (which is the "Silver" one, I think).

I've had 'em a long time and had no problems.

The only weird thing is that the more affordable ones are thinner

than your standard cable. So what... great cables IMO.

I like George Ls... I buy bulk cable and ends

Been flirting with the idea of buying a George L kit myself.

No effects or such on my rig (well, the OCD now....) so it's pretty simple.

Wanna cut lengths I need to do a neat job to A/B/Y two amps and run my tuner and OCD.

Just never did it.....

I'd recommend the George L's highly for the pedal board. I change or move my stuff a lot and it's nice to be able to make a custom length cable in like one minute! One thing I learned the hard way though - don't over tighten the screw caps on the ends of the right angle plugs. It will be your natural instinct to grab a pliers and tighten them down - don't do it! Use your fingers and leave it at that. Over tightening will cause a faulty connection.

I am Looking for a decent instrument cable too, I looked at the article they had in Guitar World magazine but I am still looking. I am looking for a transparent cable, well built and with no capacitance issues.

I have a couple of Fender premium cables that I got for free and they are very transparent and seem to carry more signal but they are stiff so I use from my pedals to the amp. These are the cables that made me realize how important your guitar cable is.

You can reuse them. I started out on George "L" but eventually went with planet waves. (Had some issues with GL's losing contact).

I like the look and compactness of the Lava's but it would cost a fortune for me to switch over. Once committed to a brand though, unless you want a screwy looking board, your kinda stuck. Choose wisely then stick with it.

Just a thought. IMO

I use Mogami XLR cables for my mics. I've owned many many mic cables and they all break eventually... except these. They are always clear, no noise, and reliable. Besides, if you get at least the "Silver" level of cables they have a lifetime warranty. Bring the non-functioning cable back to any Guitar Center and they'll just give you a new one.

Archived