Gibson Brands Forums

I made a mistake.

Steven Tari

Well, you're first mistake was where you posted...the "Other Gibson Guitars" section, where you proceeded to not only bash the LP, but post only ONE 'other Gibson' (a robot SG)...the other guitars were various other Epiphones, Kalamazoo, and a couple of no-names.

What did you expect?

That was a great way to enter the forum...

BB

Hey I did that once over there and they banned me rather quickly. Of course the I was actually trying to rattle their chains, but also just for fun... never meant to really cause a problem. I think it had something to do with I just came back from spending 4 days with a bunch of pre-teen boys on a camping trip.

Well I got on forum originally just to learn more about R9s' date=' and now I have seen some interesting discussions. I wish there were actual Gibson representatives here, but there are enough knowledgeable people here already. I have learned a great deal from this Gibson forum.[/quote']

As far as info & knowledge goes, this forum is the worst one.

Funny because it's the official Gibson Forum. lol

I don't mean 'worst' as in the members here are knobs, I mean there's far more activity there and especially more members with R8s, R9s, whatever. If you're looking for more info on your guitar, you should definitely join that forum.

Post a question in the " Gibson Custom" section here and you may or may not get an answer. There's 0 activity there. Post a question about your R9 at My Les Paul's "Historic District" and you'll likely get a few answers within minutes.

As for the Les Paul Forum and them not taking members, I know you have to have an email address to a paid internet provider. So, AOL, Bell Sympatico (up here in Canada), etc. If you're using your hotmail or yahoo email address, you're SOL.

Well' date=' you're first mistake was where you posted...the "Other Gibson Guitars" section, where you proceeded to not only bash the LP, but post only ONE 'other Gibson' (a robot SG)...the other guitars were various other Epiphones, Kalamazoo, and a couple of no-names.

What did you expect?

That was a great way to enter the forum...[/quote']

No sh*t =D>

Why do that??

As far as info & knowledge goes' date=' this forum is the worst one.

Funny because it's the official Gibson Forum. lol

I don't mean 'worst' as in the members here are knobs, I mean there's far more activity there and especially more members with R8s, R9s, whatever. If you're looking for more info on your guitar, you should definitely join that forum.

Post a question in the " Gibson Custom" section here and you may or may not get an answer. There's 0 activity there. Post a question about your R9 at My Les Paul's "Historic District" and you'll likely get a few answers within minutes.[/quote']

Bingo!!!!

I think it is always difficult to break into a new community and get accepted.

Maybe it is in person but we're talking about online guitar forums where no one really has a face. What Steven Tari did was troll (No offense Steve). Would you go to the Fender Forum and say "you know, I just don't get why people like Strats" and then post pics of all your non Strats? Of course not...

Archived