Gibson Brands Forums

what model is this?

jefleppard

I was thinking LG3 which was the natural finish LG's. In one of the photos it appears to say B-25 where my LG1 stamp is. That would also make sense as that is what replaced the LG3 I think. My guess is someone removed the pickguard. You can see it is X braced.

As for the bridge... many have been removed and replaced especially the old plastic ones from the mid 60's.

As for the bridge... many have been removed and replaced especially the old plastic ones from the mid 60's.

i meant that it looks placed too far back from the "normal" position...but maybe it's just the photo angle or something. i think even steel stringed Folksingers were basically LG-3s, or really close at least so, i suppose it doesn't make much sense the whole bridge thing.

+:-@

Thats what I thought when I looked at the photos.

WHEW.30380551gu5.gif. Thanks. I don't have to buy new reading glasses (or you need new reading glasses too.:- ).

There's an old thread (that got me introduced to the Gibson Forums) about a 12 string, 12 fret sunburst "B" that ksdaddy was helping identify for someone..

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=14150

F25 Folk Singer

Right on. I have one. Great guitar. the bridge looks funny because of the 12 fret neck that places the bridge at the lower spot just like a classical guitar. They originally had white "taplates" on either side of the sound hole that looked pretty silly. Mine were gone when I found it and the top had been shoddily refinished.

Great guitar nonetheless.

Archived