Gibson Brands Forums

Availabilty for GOR End user's to upgrade tuners to Darkfire specs.

klaushouz

Here is a message made on Sept 18.2009, from Tronical on Availaibilty for GOR End user's to upgrade tuners to Darkfire specs MINUS Chameleon tone control on the Darkfire site http://www.futureguitarnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=562.0

Yes, there is a plan for retrofit tuning kits.

This could be fitted to GOR to achieve Dark Fire tuning specs, no chameleon tone aspect though.

Simply headstock servo peg and CPU / contacting PCB replacement will be required.

Other Gibson models as well as any other guitar models and brands including acoustics would be also possible, its depending on Gibsons decision....

Tronical

You play. We tune.

Its in Gibson's hands now. I for one can't wait. Its the last hurdle for using my Robot in a professional setting. Having only a 2 to 4 sec wait over 7 to 10 sec is the key for me. Let Gibson know.. If they build it we will come.

When I play live, I always do 2 or 3 songs in a row to get the crowd movin . If the 2nd or 3rd songs are in different tunings, an they usually are. You must have speed tuning or multiple guitars.. Hence the beauty of a updated accurate tuning system..It will reduce my stress level by 1/2. I only hope they update the MCK to see out of the side ALA DARKFIRE. As far as the other tunings I could use 3-4 more. If we get 6 , it will sweeten the deal. . I understand the Darkfire will only give you 6 more than us without changing strings. Tronic RECOMMENDS changing to heavier strings to access the 6 lower tunings. WHEN YOU DO THIS,YOU LOSE ACCESS TO THE 12 REG TUNINGS. That means either 12 regular tunings OR 6 low tunings NOT AND. So, like I said I will be happy if we 6 more, but it not a deal breaker for me.

Anyway..I believe even though Gibson and Tronic are in business. They are separate Co's. and probably negotiate each ongoing project. I'm hoping, we the robot owner's can motivate both companies, to successfully negotiate the upgrade project to completion for the advantage of both . The ONLY way is by letting them know by our numbers. Both companies are dragging their feet in the negotiation, holding back the release of the tuner upgrade so far. That much seems evident from the tone of BOTH Tronical's and Gibson's response's to inquiry about the subject. If they both give a little, they can push this out the door to consumer's NOW. Anyway, we have to voice our opinion or Gibson and Tronic will sit on this one with both company's losing profits.. No demand = NO supply Show 'em we are here and they will be quicker to negotiate the deal with each other. If you agree say so here AND on the Tronic page of the Darkfire sitehttp://www.futureguitarnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=566.0 1 or 2 minute to type a response on each forum WILL make our point. I list this same message on the Darkfire site under Tronical Question for Tronical Gor upgrade tuners to Darkfire specs. The numbers on both site's will be our only voice.

Archived