Gibson Brands Forums

Floods in GA

ledzep59

I'm not sure if you knew but here in Atlanta is has been raining for about a week and today parts of the city decided to flood. I was fortunate enough to not come across any problems (in fact in benefited me b/c my classes were cancelled today and tomorrow, so I will have to wait to teach my students about Plato's cave). But everyone was not so fortunate and some people were left with nothing. Which got me thinking:

If some sort of emergency occurred and you could only take one guitar, which would it be? (photos accepted)

This maybe an easy answer for some, but I know there's some serious collectors here. My choice would be easy, Rachel:

IMG_0067.jpg

I saw some of the footage this morning. Be careful. I don't have any people there, but my mother in law got hammered when Rita hit Lake Charles, La., a few years back. When we went down to help, it was unreal.

Best of luck.

(I'm keeping all mine.)

Murph.

I know what you are talkin about when it comes to the rain. I live just northwest of you in the Huntsville, Al area, and we haven't had a dry day in over a week.

<------ I'd have to say I'd grab up my 09 Traditional Pro and let the Strat and Yamaha drown (my choice is easy but like you said there are some guys on here that would have a tough decision on their hands!!)

Hope everyone affected by the floods get through it unharmed!

Saw the reports on the news. I have friends down Atlanta way (acworth?).. They've been travelling back and forth to Texas (to visit new grandson).

No answers at home. Will be trying cell phone call later today!

Hope everything's ok...ledzep59..

(the old Gibson goes.. The Hondo stays. My son would probably pick BOTH of his)..

Wasn't too long ago, Georgia was screaming for water. In fact they were just about to go to war with Tennessee over their northern border that was about 100 feet shy of being able to tap into the Tennessee River and Nickajack Lake.

You you guys survive the deluge. Stay out of water crossing the road. It ain't worth the risk.

Archived