Gibson Brands Forums

I want to do this!!

Andre S

If you have the tool' date=' the talent and the know-how, I say go for it. Nothing beats binding on the edges to give the guitar that extra touch.[/quote']

I have the tool, I think i have the talent, and I guess we'll see if I have the know-how after.

But I have a question. What grit sandpaper do I use?

Stewmac said 80, but the people who did it said something else

?

Not to mention I would kill the resale value,( if any lol) although I don't see selling this particular guitar in its near future.

You may want to do a little practicing on something besides your guitar before you attempt any refinishing.

Just by your asking about what grit sandpaper to use says to me you might not be that experienced.

Getting a really nice finish at the end takes skill and patience. I have learned this by being in a hurry etc.

And having to redo more than one project.

You may want to do a little practicing on something besides your guitar before you attempt any refinishing.

Just by your asking about what grit sandpaper to use says to me you might not be that experienced.

Getting a really nice finish at the end takes skill and patience. I have learned this by being in a hurry etc.

And having to redo more than one project.

No no, not the refinishing part. I wanted to sand down the area where the binding is, to bare wood, to have a faux binding.

Looks interesting but at the end of the day its still a Studio...

true. but I, also at the end of the day, stand by my decision to have bought it and I still think its a great guitar...Its just an obsession, with the contrast the binding provides, which is why I want to do it.

Archived