Gibson Brands Forums

Remake 1961-1964 Melody Maker

lancenutwood

Are there plans to remake a 1962-64' Melody Maker with the double cutaway rounded horns, thinline neck, rosewood fretboard, flat frets, cherry finish? That's the melody maker I want to buy. I have a vintage 62' MM but it's too used to play gigs. I won't buy or settle for anything less than that though and gibson doesn't offer a melody maker with all those specifications yet. #-o

Are there plans to remake a 1962-64' Melody Maker with the double cutaway rounded horns' date=' thinline neck, rosewood fretboard, flat frets, cherry finish? That's the melody maker I want to buy. I have a vintage 62' MM but it's too used to play gigs. I won't buy or settle for anything less than that though and gibson doesn't offer a melody maker with all those specifications yet. :- [/quote']

I guess it would be called a VOS model 62' melody maker.

Hmm...i dont know about you but my 2006 MM is one of the best MM out there! Why dont u keep looking. The orgnial owner told me it took him a while it to find a good one.

Also it basicly has everything ur list minus the double cutaway and the cherry finsh.

It doesn't have the thinline neck or the flat frets either. And the thin neck is make or break for me.

really cause I just tried one over at the GC in Hollywood and it didn't have either that were similar to my 62' MM.

Mines a two pickups verison. Some guy told me they change the MM every year..weird i know. You must of played the new ones. They kidna suck but they are ok for new players.

Mines a two pickups verison. Some guy told me they change the MM every year..weird i know. You must of played the new ones. They kidna suck but they are ok for new players.

reeks. not only are the ones they produce now one pickup less but they are $140 more. So have you ever played a vintage early 60's MM with the slim line neck that you can base your new one's thickness off of?

reeks. not only are the ones they produce now one pickup less but they are $140 more. So have you ever played a vintage early 60's MM with the slim line neck that you can base your new one's thickness off of?

Well ive played around 5 60's MM...the neck is a little bit more thicker then my new MM, but it sorta feels like im playing a vintage but not exact.

Well ive played around 5 60's MM...the neck is a little bit more thicker then my new MM' date=' but it sorta feels like im playing a vintage but not exact. [/quote']

Nice. Have you played a joan jett? they claim to be pretty thin but I can't find any in GC to try. I wonder if they are as thin as the early 60's MM or your 2006. i would totally order one if they were as thin as the 60's mm.

Nice. Have you played a joan jett? they claim to be pretty thin but I can't find any in GC to try. I wonder if they are as thin as the early 60's MM or your 2006. i would totally order one if they were as thin as the 60's mm.

They are ok, i didnt like the pups on the ones i played. They were very...glam metalish. Not my kind of gain.

Archived