Gibson James Hetfield Signature

jlb32

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

no way! Where did you see that?

Gibson announced it at this years NAMM. They are doing a limited amount (150) of Kirk Hammetts reliced Flying V. Of course the prices are insane.

50 will be signed, hand reliced and personally played by Kirk. Those will be around $10K. 100 will be hand reliced and those wil be around $5K-$5500.

Maybe this will jump start another go with James. Hopefully if they do a Hetfield sig. it won't be so limited and so expensive though. Maybe something more in the Slash price ranges would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Gibson announced it at this years NAMM. They are doing a limited amount (150) of Kirk Hammetts reliced Flying V. Of course the prices are insane.

50 will be signed, hand reliced and personally played by Kirk. Those will be around $10K. 100 will be hand reliced and those wil be around $5K-$5500.

Maybe this will jump start another go with James. Hopefully if they do a Hetfield sig. it won't be so limited and so expensive though. Maybe something more in the Slash price ranges would be nice.

Finally saw the KH V this week. Not into the worn signature guitars. Not even the KH relic (caution-HOT) one. Paying extra money for someone to bang up a new guitar? No thanks. Plus, V's are boring for me. Flooded the market w/ signature LPs and SGs and a handful of Vs. Only EXP is f-ing Sammy Hagar...boooo.

• 6 months later...

Finally saw the KH V this week. Not into the worn signature guitars. Not even the KH relic (caution-HOT) one. Paying extra money for someone to bang up a new guitar? No thanks. Plus, V's are boring for me. Flooded the market w/ signature LPs and SGs and a handful of Vs. Only EXP is f-ing Sammy Hagar...boooo.

I like the KH V Gibson did but the pricetag is just way to high for what the guitar is. You can buy a used black Gibson Flying V, add some EMG pickups, some tape and relic it some and have the same guitar for $1000. I can see the KH V being higher priced than a Standard Gibson Flying V but not even close to what Gibson is asking. I think that's why there seems to be little intrest in the guitar. No one wants to pay that type of money for a guitar that is easily replicated for 1/3rd of the price Gibson is asking.

I do hope that this brings Gibson and Hetfield back to the table though and hopefully they will do something unique and reasonably priced. I stil can't believe Gibson let the Iron Cross guitar get away.

I like the KH V Gibson did but the pricetag is just way to high for what the guitar is. You can buy a used black Gibson Flying V, add some EMG pickups, some tape and relic it some and have the same guitar for $1000. I can see the KH V being higher priced than a Standard Gibson Flying V but not even close to what Gibson is asking. I think that's why there seems to be little intrest in the guitar. No one wants to pay that type of money for a guitar that is easily replicated for 1/3rd of the price Gibson is asking.

I do hope that this brings Gibson and Hetfield back to the table though and hopefully they will do something unique and reasonably priced. I stil can't believe Gibson let the Iron Cross guitar get away.

If ESP sold the Iron Cross for $10k, God knows what Gibson would charge. Regular LP custom is over $3k for standard model and there's too many LP models as is. Give me Hetfield Signature Explorer for around $2,000. It can be done if they sold the 84 "reissue" for $1,500. Same model: Put in the EMG Het Set, Sperzel locking tuners, Tone Pros bridge, move the strap buttons. Available in White or Black. Done. You're welcome, Gibson.

If ESP sold the Iron Cross for $10k, God knows what Gibson would charge. Regular LP custom is over $3k for standard model and there's too many LP models as is. Give me Hetfield Signature Explorer for around $2,000. It can be done if they sold the 84 "reissue" for $1,500. Same model: Put in the EMG Het Set, Sperzel locking tuners, Tone Pros bridge, move the strap buttons. Available in White or Black. Done. You're welcome, Gibson.

IMO Gibson would have been cheaper priced. ESP just got greedy and thought they would test the market to see if people would pay those prices. There are still some of the 100 unsold. They did the same thing with the Kirk Hammett Ouija they put out the same year.

A Gibson Hetfield Signature explorer for around $2,000 would be nice. I would rather see something like his "Rusty" Gibson explorer though over just a Gibson explorer without a pickguard and EMG's.

Archived