Gibson Brands Forums

So. If Post Count Now Means Nothing......

Murph

It's not the size of the post that counts Murph. It's how you use your post.

That's my point.

It used to mean you were mature, had knowledge, and were taken serious.

Now it just means you went "bump" several thousand times.......

We'll have 14 year old kids making Thunder look like a newbie soon.

Probably this weekend.............

Sad.

We can all have high post counts if we treat this forum like a chat room...

LOL

+1

Cool...

It takes time to compose a quality post that actually contains some useful information and communicates it effectively. I wish there was a better measure than post count. For example, it's kinda cool the way MLP lets you "thank" people. You gotta figure if someone is thanked a lot, they have probably offered important and useful information.

We can all have high post counts if we treat this forum like a chat room...

LOL

+1

Cool...

It takes time to compose a quality post that actually contains some useful information and communicates it effectively. I wish there was a better measure than post count. For example' date=' it's kinda cool the way MLP lets you "thank" people. You gotta figure if someone is thanked a lot, they have probably offered important and useful information. [/quote']

It's a good theory, but the same people concerned about a high post count would just "thank" each other all day long, while the rest of us have a job, and a life......

#-o/

Hi Murph. Just saw that you and I are the only ones on this thread at the moment and I decided to say "hi".

[edit]

Oops, I see that Murph just left but KSG_Standard is here now. Hi KSG_Standard! See I could have said hi to KSG_Standard using another post, but I just edited my old one. "Just saying"....#-o/

[edit]

Oops, now Murph is back...

Great to know that with families, friends and better yet, GUITARS, no one has anything better to do than worrying about their post count in a forum

A forum on the internet interacting with people who most of us will never meet face to face

I'm 17 and I say grow up

It is real cool when you can say, "look at how much time I have wasted on the internet."

And then someone else, can say "ha i wasted more!"

Great job, and then you wonder why the younger generation gets pissed when we will have to support all your asses while you are in a home, "increasing your post count"

Bump on fellas, keep up the good work (note SUBTLE sarcasm here)

That was my original post and DAS posted something likewise and everyone gives him crap for his high post count.... on a thread where they are trying to raise theirs....#-o

Seems counterintuitive, but it is probably just me

Hi Murph. Just saw that you and I are the only ones on this thread at the moment and I decided to say "hi".

[edit]

Oops' date=' I see that Murph just left but KSG_Standard is here now. Hi KSG_Standard! See I could have said hi to KSG_Standard using another post, but I just edited my old one. "Just saying"....#-o/

[edit']

Oops, now Murph is back...

You're freakin' me out, man.......

rocketman does have the best looking 339......

But' date=' having said that......

Has anyone ever seen a RED figured?

Hmmmmmmm?

Just wondered?[/quote']

I always wondered about this too. I have seen many great shots of Antique Vintage Sunburst ones, like here, but I can't find any good closeups of an Antique Red one. The one on Guitar Center, see here, really doesn't look figured (we know it is but the picture doesn't show it well)...

That's my point.

It used to mean you were mature' date=' had knowledge, and were taken serious.

Now it just means you went "bump" several thousand times.......

We'll have 14 year old kids making Thunder look like a newbie soon.

Probably this weekend.............

Sad.

[/quote']

Oh, I think you are taking it way too seriously. It was meant to be a joke. Didn't think it would go much more than 2 pages. I think you need to have a beer and relax.

I couldn't care about a post count. The only thing it represents is that you've made more posts. It don't mean crap.

Archived