Gibson Brands Forums

I Miss My Guitars

G McBride

Had to travel to meetings this week in San Diego. Sure would have been nice to have sat on the balcony overlooking the Bay and played my Songwriter. I saw more guitars being carried on the flight from Atlanta to here than I have ever seen before.

Do any of you travel and do you take a guitar along if you are going for a few days?

Gill

From 2002 to 2004 I was away for training many times, sometimes for a couple days, sometimes for a week. I have an old Squier Strat I used to take with me. Since then I rarely play electric so on the rare occasion I'm away from home I'd take an acoustic now.

I agree G.McBride. - when I travel I really miss my guitars. However some 2 or so years ago I purchased a Baby Taylor which I always take away when I travel. Whilst it's great to have access to a guitar its just not the same as playing my J185 etc. I get pretty frustrated playing the mini guitar as it does require some physical adjustment (maybe I'm just not used to playing it) given its shortened scale. Tonally I've improved the Baby Taylor by stringing it with 13's and the action has been worked on. But here is nothing like playing the guitars that you know and love.

http://www.voxamps.com/uk/amplug/

I have one of these - the AC30 flavour and it's a great little practice tool. Sometimes when I'm away, and on hols when there's room in the car, I take the 335 with me and the plug-in.

It's not the same as the SWD but produces a great clean tone.

I have GuitarPort loaded on an old, but now broken, laptop and used to take that away sometimes as well.

I have a voyage-air with the hinged neck that I take with me on most trips. Occasionally i go with no guitar when I know I won't have any time due to late meetings and the like. Generally, though, even a little playing time is enough to make it worthwhile.

Archived