Gibson Brands Forums

the rig is complete...

esch

I'm really digging the current setup with my Les Paul.

It was funny, last night I just stood there with it cranked and played one open E after another for literally five minutes, loving how the notes would bloom and then decay. Words like glorious, harmonically rich, thick, super saturated, heavy, warm, spacious, detailed...came to mind. Finally I think my LP sounds how it should.

Anyway check it out.

Maxon OD820 overdrive pedal -->

Radial ABY box to split the signal into two amps -->

Orange Tiny Terror and Bemis Amplification Valve Junior Custom 7 amps -->

One amp goes into the left channel and one amp into the right channel of my Mesa Rectifier 4x12 (V-30s).

The topic comes up frequently here, about what inexpensive amps may be recommended for an LP or otherwise, that still have good tone. The Orange and Bemis amps are both under about $600 and sound outstanding (even better when combined). BTW You won't find Bemis in any store, Randy will have to make the amp for you (he'll build it to your tastes). I've had much more expensive amps than these two...but none that sounded better.

Guys, I had to tell someone who can appreciate good tone, about this. I'm looking forward to jamming with my band thats for sure!

I should have time to put some sound clips up next week or so.

Dave

I'm really digging the current setup with my Les Paul.

It was funny' date=' last night I just stood there with it cranked and played one open E after another for literally five minutes, loving how the notes would bloom and then decay. [/quote']

I love that, it rings forever. The LP truly is an instrument like none other.

Archived