Gibson Brands Forums

TC Electronics

djroge1

I just returned from a local music store and tried out a couple of reverb pedals... Well one reverb and one delay.

The pedal was a botique pedel and I can't even remember the name - it was a neat sparkle pink though and had a chicken on the top. It was ok and very sensitive. I could only put it on 9 o' clock for a decent sound.

Then I tried the TC Electronics - dealy and it totally rocked. It is so versital and has a clean sound. Me like it. It also has different plugs for effects loops. It does have a pretty hefty price tag at $250 but I want it.

Maybe a Dr. Scientist or Z.Vex pedal? I'm just guessing. -They have some crazy paint jobs.

I tried out a TC Electronics Vintage Delay a few months back. It was really sweet. I didn't get it though, I went with a MXR Carbon Copy. It was less $ that's all. I say get the TC if you dig it.

TC makes top notch stuff. I have 2 pedals: boost/dist and the chorus/flanger, and a g major rack unit (the stripped down cheaper but not bad at all small brother to the famous g-force) and all of them sound amazing. I only use the chorus for bass but it sounds ok with guitar too.

I would gladly buy anything from those guys again if any local store carried them (they dont anymore, I actually bought the last 3 things TC they carried=p~)

You wont regret buying any TC units.

Anything tc electronic is awesome.

+100

I've never used any of their pedals, but I used to use a few pieces of their rack gear when I was engineering. Most notably, PCM70 and M5000.

The PCM70 is an awesome digital reverb processor. Lots of different sounding reverbs - from realistic rooms to plates to stuff that simply does not exist.

The M5000... man, that thing is the $#!7 when it comes to mastering. Three-band frequency dependent digital compression; it can be easy to get carried away with it but, when you get it right, it's some serious icing on the cake.

Archived