Gibson Brands Forums

Class 5 / Hot Rod / Other Suggestions

TheUndertow

I'm thinking I want a gold switch cap (to match the rest of the hardware) instead of the old school Amber one on there...looks like Gibson only makes Amber, White, and Black so maybe I'll get one of each and check it out (there is a bright white stenciled in the pick guard and up the fretboard and black as part of the Triburst and fretboard so they'll both probably look nice). Otherwise, does anyone know a trusted manuf. that makes a Gold or Gold looking one that would fit a Gibson? Next step would be to look into getting it plated lol.

Edit: Ugh looks like reviews say white and black are not threaded and are junk. Bummer.

• 7 months later...

First create a class that implements [iComparer] interface and define the [Compare] method.Following is the class that we will use for sorting Clients order by last name.

[VB.NET CODE STARTS]

Public Class ClientComparer

Implements IComparer

Public Function Compare(ByVal x As Object, ByVal y As Object) As Integer Implements System.Collections.IComparer.Compare

Dim objClientX As Client = CType(x, Client) ' Client is the class having FirtsName, LastName as properties

Dim objClientY As Client = CType(y, Client)

Dim sX As String = UCase(objClientX.LastName) ' comparision is made using the LAST NAME OF CLIENT

Dim sY As String = UCase(objClientY.LastName)

If sX = sY Then

Return 0

End If

If sX.Length > sY.Length Then

sX = sX.Substring(0, sY.Length)

If sX = sY Then

Return 1

End If

ElseIf sX.Length < sY.Length Then

sY = sY.Substring(0, sX.Length)

If sX = sY Then

Return -1

End If

End If

For i As Integer = 0 To sX.Length

If Not sX.Substring(i, 1) = sY.Substring(i, 1) Then

Return Asc(CType(sX.Substring(i, 1), Char)) - Asc(CType(sY.Substring(i, 1), Char))

End If

Next

End Function

End Class

[VB.NET CODE ENDS]

Archived