Gibson Brands Forums

Hey, I'm back in town...happy to see you again guys & dolls!

DeVeeWee

Welcome back. Was starting to wonder when someone was going to post a "What Happened to DeVeeWee" thread...

Hahahaha, I'm still alive Steve, and I've got big news, in one week....

Hey, glad to see you back man! Does the song association game still exist? (hope AXE isn't listening)

Welcome back DeVeeWee' date=' where have you been?[/quote']

Hey Bowdiddley, nice to meet you back again man, I've been starting my own business(still am) and alas that took all my time but this forum is like a drug to me, so I'll keep coming back from the moment I can...

OK Dennis' date=' you do not want to hear it, it's not a gibbie it's a Dell'Arte...but she plays heavenly. Just bought her and she will arrive next week...I was searching like crazy for a gibbie with a green headstock, unfortunately without success...LOL

[img']http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp185/DeVeeWee/DellArteAngeloDebarre.jpg[/img]

Yowie kazowie! Nice lookin' axe, Kris, I've never seen one like it. Very interesting tail-piece. I'm working on a new hybrid plant that should yield some nice, green-headstocked Blueshawks, Nighthawks, and possibly a new bass...can't be sure. Too busy to get much past the fantasy stage still. Soon, though...very soon.

Yowie kazowie! Nice lookin' axe' date=' Kris, I've never seen one like it. Very interesting tail-piece. I'm working on a new hybrid plant that should yield some nice, green-headstocked Blueshawks, Nighthawks, and possibly a new bass...can't be sure. Too busy to get much past the fantasy stage still. Soon, though...very soon.

[/quote']

Cruz, I'm looking forward seeing the impact of your harvest...

OK Dennis' date=' you do not want to hear it, it's not a gibbie it's a Dell'Arte...but she plays heavenly. Just bought her and she will arrive next week...I was searching like crazy for a gibbie with a green headstock, unfortunately without success...LOL

[img']http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp185/DeVeeWee/DellArteAngeloDebarre.jpg[/img]

very similar to django reinhardt's selmer maccaferri

Excellent!!!!

A good deal too?

Matt

I paid her 1050 EURO what is comparable with the US price. You don't find Dell'Arte that much in Belgium, I even looked at Guitar Villlage, without success...

So, she is now in the hands of a well known luthier in BE, and will be ready next week. I'll keep you posted on this manouche axe, and hope I'll find the time to record and post some sheet of music...

I paid her 1050 EURO what is comparable with the US price. You don't find Dell'Arte that much in Belgium' date=' I even looked at Guitar Villlage, without success...

So, she is now in the hands of a well known luthier in BE, and will be ready next week. I'll keep you posted on this manouche axe, and hope I'll find the time to record and post some sheet of music...[/quote']

That is great! I look forward to it.

Kris, I met my Guitar maker the other day and choose the woods for my new guitar. It is going to be a manouche too. Here is what we chose...

Honduras rose wood for the body, triple A spruce for the top, ebony fret board while the neck will also be Honduras rose wood.

The sound hole will have miniature Horses surrounding it. Also the guitar is going to black.

(My Gibson Les Paul that I had customised has my name with a Horse and also my Flying V too has a medal with a Horse attached to it. It is like my trade mark! LOL)

I have about a nine month wait, and that is not easy for me as I am get all excited even writing about it!

Matt

That is great! I look forward to it.

Kris' date=' I met my Guitar maker the other day and choose the woods for my new guitar. It is going to be a manouche too. Here is what we chose...

Honduras rose wood for the body, triple A spruce for the top, ebony fret board while the neck will also be Honduras rose wood.

The sound hole will have miniature Horses surrounding it. Also the guitar is going to black.

(My Gibson Les Paul that I had customised has my name with a Horse and also my Flying V too has a medal with a Horse attached to it. It is like my trade mark! LOL)

I have about a nine month wait, and that is not easy for me as I am get all excited even writing about it!

Matt

[/quote']

Original trade mark Matt, ...next time you post I'm eager to see some pics of your personal seal...

That manouche will probably cost you a little fortune but you're absolutely right to take a top luthier under your arm to make the guitar that corresponds to all your needs. Pics, pics, pics please when the baby is born in 9 months!

Archived