Gibson Brands Forums

Peavey Envoy 110 Vs. Line6 Spider IV 75

Mark Lee

Whats your oppinion? has anyone tried the new Spider IV? I have one on order; it should be comming in the next day or two. what do the FX sound like? are they reasonably nice sounding or too digital? my current workhorse amp is the Peavey, but its a bit of a one trick pony. it seems to only be good for blues and jazz. I play gigs so I do a fair bit of everything, but my favourite is rockabilly. my main axe now is an epiphone Emperor Regent Deluxe. is it true that any guitar sounds exactly the same through the line 6?

Hi Mark, I'm sorry man, I've never played either. I think if you already have the Peavey, you should just keep it, and consider buying a pedal or two if you want some effects. I'm not sold yet on amps with built in effects. -That's just me though.

If your favorite is Rockabilly, I'd recommend getting some kind of low-wattage tube amp. -Like a Blackheart or Epiphone Valve Jr. -They are about the same price, and you'll be able to get the Rockabilly tone. Maybe add some effects later? Crap, I'm no help.

I am not a fan of the Line 6 amps a tall. The sounds to my ears sound artificial, metallic and has little response. This is just me. So I would definitely choose a Peavey Envoy given the choice. The distortion may need a little boost on the Peavey (I would probably buy a Boss GE 7 with it) but the cleans and distortion more stylish and real.

Matt

If your favorite is Rockabilly' date=' I'd recommend getting some kind of low-wattage tube amp. -Like a Blackheart or Epiphone Valve Jr. -They are about the same price, and you'll be able to get the Rockabilly tone. Maybe add some effects later? Crap, I'm no help. [/quote']

Hi Twiz +1

There is a valve senior being advertised now with reverb, distortion and more eq! It looks awesome.

Matt

It's brilliant. My default setting is The tone that emulates the tone of Scotty Moores solo in "That's All Right Mama". I have analised the sound waves with a computer program and they are absolutely identical. I have also created a preset that emulates Scotty's Tone on "Mystery Train" to a T. about the only difference it a slightly brighter treble with less mids and the addition of slapback echo. That's Alright only has a hint of reverb.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived